chater forty-two

Hey everyone! Here's chapter 41:) I hope you like it! I know I promised a longer chapter, but I just had to stop it where I did! I hope you'll enjoy it! Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN!:) Thanks!

P.S. Don't forget to check out my newest story, Moving On! :)

____________________________________________________________________

“Shit, Morgan, you scared the fuck out of me! And you knocked me down!” I yelled as he helped me get up onto my feet.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled while messing with his hair. It was even messier than it was in class today, but it looked damned sexy. Wait, Addie, stop thinking like that. You need a break from him.

“It’s fine.” I said walking away hoping he wouldn’t follow. All hope was lost when he walked next to me.

Addie, wait,” he said as he grabbed my arm. I wiggled a bit and he let go although he was looking hurt.

“Listen, Morgan, I love you, I do. But I want a break. I need a break. You need a break. What you said, you said for reasoning and you need to get your head straight, okay? And I too, because this just has me confused and a bunch of other feelings. So seriously, Morgan if you love me like you say you do, you’ll respect me enough to let me be.” I could tell he was upset just by looking at his facial expression but what he didn’t know is that it was killing me on the inside to say this even though I looked tough on the outside.

“Addie, since I do love you I can’t let you leave,” he was pleading.

“Morgan, don’t make this any tougher,” I couldn’t handle it if he kept talking.

“Fine.” He muttered. “Can I have a hug though?” Hugging him couldn’t hurt though, right?

I leaned in and we wrapped our arms around each other. It felt so right being in his arms but I had to stop thinking like this. I let go and then he did too.

“We can still be friends, right?” Was he serious asking this? Ugh.

“Morgan, you obviously don’t know what a break means. I need all ties cut from you. No contact at all, it’s going to be hard enough to be in your class. I don’t want you trying to get me back or anything. Just respect I need space.” I said looking up at him. His expression was hard to read.

“Okay, Addie.” He nodded. And I said thanks and we went our separate ways. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but they quickly disappeared. That wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. I ran for about an hour before I made my way back home.

**

The next two weeks sped by. I avoided Morgan at all costs and have gotten used to not being with him. He seems to be respecting me enough, too, to not keep coming back in my life.

It was Friday night and I had decided to go out to dinner with Chalice, Darren and Ian. Now the more that I look at Chalice I can actually tell that she was now four months pregnant, but barely.

“Here, wear this,” Chalice said as pulled out a long sleeve grey shirt and a floral scarf from my closet. It was December finally and even though we lived in the south, it was still pretty cold. I took it paired it with a pair of jeans and wedges and threw on my outfit.

“You’ve been doing so great these past few weeks, Addie,” Chalice said as she curled some of my hair in the back. I nodded.

“Being pregnant has certainly calmed you down, Chalice,” I laughed as I said this. It was so true though, she wasn’t as loud as she once was.

“Oh, I know! I can’t wait to be loud and energetic again,” she said as she sprayed hairspray all around.

We finished getting ready and we got into Chalice’s car and she started driving.

“Now, don’t hate me…” Chalice mumbled as she kept her eyes on the road. Oh, God, what did she mean by that?

“Why would I hate you?”

“BecauseDarrenIsBringingADateForYou,” she said all together really quickly. WHAT? My mouth dropped and now I was pissed.

“I don’t want a date! I have Ian!”

“No, we lied. No Ian. Just me, you, Darren and,” she started but she never finished.

“Who?”

“Well, you know him…” she was smiling; she apparently thought this was funny or something.

“Just tell me his name then.”

“Nope, you’ll meet him soon enough well, get reacquainted.” I rolled my eyes and she just chuckled and drove the rest of the way. I did not want a date. I still loved Morgan but I still needed a break and definitely not a new date!

“Where are we going? We’re practically out of town now,” I said as I noticed we passed most restaurants in our town.

“That’s because we are going out of town,” she said very matter-of-factly. Why were we going out of town?

She pulled into some restaurant. And we walked inside. Darren was standing there with a smug look on his face? Humph, what was up with that?

“I’ve got to go to the bathroom,” both Chalice and Darren said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed and just stood there.

“Well, go…” I said chuckling and motioning towards the sign that said restrooms. They left and the host came back.

“Maam? Are you one of Mr. Alexander’s group?” she asked me.

“Yes,” I replied and she motioned for me to come with her. We went to the back and she pointed towards a table.

“This only had two seating, we have four in our group,” I said before taking a seat.

She smiled and shook her head. “Nope, just two,” she handed me my menu and left. I grabbed my phone and texted Chalice since she was taking absolutely forever in the bathroom.

I finally opened the menu and started looking over it until I noticed someone was standing over me. I looked up and behind me once I saw his face.

“I’m going to kill Darren and Chalice,” I muttered after I got up and stormed out. He followed behind and chased me all the way outside.