chapter forty-four

Hey, everyone! So here's the next chapter. Not too much happens but I will upload another chapter if you guys request it.. but that also means then I'll be finishing this story up by Tuesday... so really, it's your call:) Anyways, I hope you will enjoy this and please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN:) Thanks!

P.S. This is number 103 on Teen Fiction and that is huge to me! So thank you guys so much!

P.P.S. Just a reminder that when this story ends, the title will be changed to "When We Met" :)

________________________________________________________________

“Fine, I’m okay with that.” Dad said after I asked.

“Really?” I asked. I was super excited now.

“Yes, I think it will be good for you.”

“Oh, my, gosh! Thanks so much! This will be good for me, I promise you!”

“I know it will be.” Dad said with a smile. I was now in a great mood despite what Darren and Chalice had done. But thinking about it, I can’t be mad at them, they’re my best friends who were just trying to make me happy in the way that they thought would help.

I hugged dad and Mandi then grabbed something to eat then off to my room. I turned on my stereo and lied down on my bed. Why had he asked me to marry him? That was really soon! We had only met in late August and didn’t actually start dating until mid-September and we had been on a break! God, what I would do to know what that man was thinking. I heard a knock on my bedroom door and got off my bed and opened it.

“Nick? What are you doing here?” I said as he walked in. I had only spoken to him once since the day everything happened just over two weeks ago.

“My brother proposed.” Oh, he was going to talk to me about that.

“Yes he did.”

“And you said no.” he was just stating everything he wasn’t really asking.

“Yeah.”

“Do you love him?”

“Yes, but,” he cut me off before I could say anything else.

“But nothing! He loves you, Addie! Be with him, you make him so happy. So what, he’s made mistakes and said some stupid shit, we all do that occasionally, him just more than others. Seriously, take him back.” I looked at Nick for a minute and thought about it. I really do love Morgan and I know we could have a future together, but I just don’t want a present with him.

“I am sorry, Nick, but I don’t want to be with him right now. Plus, I can’t.”

“What does that mean?”

“I’ll tell you if only you promise not to tell Morgan. I want to tell him on my own time.”

“Okay”

“You can’t mention it to anybody, actually. The only people who know are Mandi and dad.” He nodded his head and I told him.

“Seriously?”

“Yes.”

“But,” this time I cut him off before he could say anything.

“No, buts. Be happy for me. I’ve actually always wanted to do this.”

“Alright, I’m happy for you.”

“Good. Now tell me about you and Lauren right now. So you’re going to be a daddy? How do you feel about this?” I asked. He smiled and it told me the answer already.

“At first I was freaking out, one cause of Morgan and two because I’m just eighteen. But now that it’s settled in, I’m pretty stoked! Oh, and I applied to college last week to start in January.”

“Really? That’s great! I know you’ll be a great dad.”

“Thanks.”

Nick stayed over for about another hour and we just talked. I loved having Nick as one of my friends but it was also super hard because he reminds me a lot of Morgan.

The next day I got up really early and went to Chalice’s house.

“Chalice?” I asked knocking on her bed room door. I opened the door and saw that she was sleeping. Lazy butt! I went over there and nudged her to wake up.

“What are you doing here?” she mumbled into her pillow. Yeah, she was not a morning person.

“I want to talk to you.”

She sat up now and looked at me.

“Look,” we both said at the same time. We laughed and I held up my hand.

“Please, let me go first,” I said and she nodded. “I shouldn’t have freaked out on you and Darren like that. I know you did what you did for a reason. You wanted me to be happy and you figured if I got back with Morgan than that would do it. I’m sorry but it wouldn’t. I need a break from him and last night, everything that happened, made me realize I needed more than a break. I broke it off.”

“You broke it off?”

“Yes, well, it’s more of ‘we’ll see where life takes us and if we end up back together then cool but I’m not trying to work things out with you’ kind of thing.” She laughed.

“Oh that makes perfect sense.”

“I know right?”

“We find out the sex of the baby next week,” Chalice said after a minute of silence.

“Really?”

“Yup. I’m really excited.”

“Me too! I hope it’s a girl.”

“So do I, but Darren wants a boy.” Of course he would.

“Either way, it’s going to be a cute ass baby.” We laughed and talked some more. Darren came over and I talked to him, too and I finally told them my plans.

“Seriously? You’re being for real?” Darren asked after I told them.

“Yes.”

“Wow. I know you’ve mentioned it in the past but I never really thought you’d actually do it.”

“I need it and I think it’ll be good. Plus, I’ve always wanted to do this, so be happy for me.”

“We are happy for you,” Chalice said. I smiled and hugged my best friends. I knew that they would support me once I explained everything.

The rest of the day I spent time with Mandi and dad. I had really missed them, as cheesy and nerdy as that sounds. I hadn’t spent much time with them and I figured I should with what was about to happen.