chapter forty-five

Hey, everyone! So this is my second updload for the day! Morgan and Addie fan are either gonna love me or hate! Lol. Anyways, YOU MUST TELL MEWHAT YOU THINK OF THIS!!! Please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN! :) Enjoy!

P.S. Just a reminder, when this story is finished it will be retitled as "When We Met" :)

____________________________________________________________________

Three weeks came and gone. Time really does just pass on by. Chalice and Darren found out they were having a girl, just like she wanted. Christmas had come and we only had a week left before we had to go back to school and then two more weeks of actual classes and then the semester would finally be over with and then my life would change again. Morgan hadn’t tried to speak to me once and I was pretty relieved about it all but I finally realized I owed him a better explanation of why i said no and everything else. Plus I had things I wanted to tell him and I needed to do that as soon as possible.

It was a Friday night and I was going to a party at Ian’s house. Chalice and Darren went on their own so I was driving myself to the party. It was nine thirty and snowing like crazy. I hated that Nick lived out in the damn country part of our town. I always had to get on the damn back roads that were always super icy.

I was only about five miles away from Ian’s house and that meant only a little bit longer of these horrible roads. I stopped at the stop sign and my car wouldn’t go any more. Fuck! I kept pressing the gas but it just wouldn’t go. I turned it off and on but it still wouldn’t start. I dialed Darren, Nick, dad, Chalice and Ian but none of them answered. Shit! Who the hell was going to help me? I looked through my contacts and stopped at his name. should I call him? Would he be pissed? Would he help me? I swallow my pride and pressed call.

“Addie?” he said when he answered the phone.

“Hey, Morg,” I mumbled. This was totally awkward. I was about to ask my ex, who I denied a proposal to, to come and help me out.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well, I hate to bother you, I’m sure you have plans.”

“Don’t be silly. What’s wrong?”

“I need a favor. Can you, uh, come pick me up, or wire my car, or something? I’m stuck in the middle of the road.”

“You’re stuck? Where?”

“On Beckon, the back road.”

“I’ll be there as soon as I can,” he hung up. I knew I could count on him but really it was going to be awkward when I saw him because I hadn’t talked to him other than asking a question once in class since that night at the restaurant in the parking lot. Luckily my car would still turn on so I could use the heat, it just wouldn’t go. About fifteen minutes later I saw Morgan’s car pulling up. Oh, thank, God!

He came up and I rolled down my window.

“Hey, Addie, pop your hood,” I nodded and did as he said. About five minutes later he came back over to my window.

“Okay it looks like it’s your alternator,” I had no clue what that was. He chuckled and it made me roll my eyes. It felt so nice to hear him laugh, though. I hadn’t heard it in such a long while.

“I could probably cable your car, but do you really want to be driving in this?” I shook my head.

“I can take you somewhere, wherever you were going.” I nodded my head, grabbed my keys and purse and got out and followed him to his car. Oh, God. I was going to be alone with Morgan. Was this just as awkward for him, too?