chapter thirty-one; part one

• Dedicated to To all the readers who vote, comment and who've gotten me to number 273 in teen

Here's chapter thirty one, part one! It's in Morgan's P.O.V and the second part will be in Addies! I hope you enjoy it and I hope it's not too boring because there is a lot of dialogue in this part of the chapter! It is kind of short, but that's just because this is only half of what happens in the chapter, so remember that! Please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN! Enjoy:)

P.S. I'll upload the second part in a few hours, maybe less. But this will be my last upload of the day because it'll be my third and that's a lot of writing, and I do have plans for today since it is technically a holiday over here in America! :)

___________________________________________________________________

Morgan's P.O.V.

“Okay, so shoot. Start talking,” Addie said immediately once I pulled out of her parent’s driveway. Damn this girl wasted no time and wanted me to get straight to the point.

“Patience grasshopper,” I said smiling at her, she blushed and rolled her eyes like always.

“Stop rolling your eyes at me Miss Johnson,”

“Oh, Professor Denson, you’re not going to punish me, are you?”

“Only if you’re a naughty student,” I said flirting back with her.

Her smile faded and she shook her head.

“Sorry, I don’t even realize I roll my eyes half of the time when I do it.” she sounded nervous, was she?

“Addie, don’t be afraid.”

“I’m not. So, where are we going?”

“To the boat dock, nobody will be there right now and we can just talk.”

“Oh.”

“And then if you never want to see me again you can just push me into the lake,” I said jokingly.

“Don’t tempt me, Professor Hottie,” she said with a smile.

Oh, God. I can’t believe I’m going to tell her everything! Will she freak out? Yeah, probably. Will she talk to me again? I certainly hope so.

I pulled off to the gravel and parked and started walking over to the boat dock.

We sat down in put our feet in the water and I grabbed her hand.

“Keep an open mind while I tell you everything, okay? And then at the end you can either talk or ask questions or we can leave and I’ll never try again, alright?”

“Alright.” She still looked nervous.

God, I loved this girl. Looking up at her I could tell she still loved me, but she was scared, and she had the right to be. I was a jerk and an asshole, I didn’t deserve her but I sure as hell wanted her.

“Do you have a certain part you want me to start off with?”

“No, just start telling me everything.”

Okay. I took a deep breath and reached into my pocket for my wallet. I opened it and took out the picture of Mackenzie and handed it to her.

“Who’s this?”

“That’s Mackenzie, mine and Lauren’s daughter.”

Her eyes widened, her mouth opened but she didn’t say anything. Spit it out, Morgan! Get on with the story!

“She’s not with us anymore, she uh, passed away when she was eight months old from SIDS. She was our world. Lauren and I had always wanted to be parents, always, and so when she got pregnant we were so happy, thrilled, we felt like our lives couldn’t get any better. We loved Mackenzie, still love her, but when she passed away, everything changed. Mostly Lauren and I. Lauren started drinking, heavily. It was awful but I supported her until she got sober again, I mean she was my wife. I was supposed to be there through better and worse, and this was certainly worse.”

I stopped for a minute and looked up at Addie. She had tears in her eyes and her ponytail was moving slighty from the wind. She was listening and I mean really listening. Maybe she could handle all this.

“So anyways, when she sobered up, we tried for another baby. It wasn’t happening so we went to the doctors and found out Mackenzie was our miracle baby because Lauren was infertile. It crushed us but we wanted a child more than anything so we went out to adopt, we were only twenty-four at the time, so we were still pretty young. Every adoption agency turned us down because of our ages. That’s when Lauren lost it. Lauren used to be such a sweet and caring person, everyone loved her it was impossible for someone to not. Lauren became cruel and distant. She became bitchy, only worrying about herself and nobody along the way. Not having Mackenzie in our lives killed us both, but it killed her more.”

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I didn’t want to cry. No, I couldn’t. not in front of Addie, I had to show her I was strong and could handle anything, especially since I wanted to show her I could be the man in her life.

“Last Sunday, you know the day we got into that huge blowout when you kept asking me what’s wrong. Well, that was Mackenzie’s birthday. I had been with Lauren all day long until about an hour before when I went to my parents, but Lauren was over there, too. Lauren came over and we went up to Mackenzie’s room and did what we did every time on her birthday and some other times of the year, too. We watched a dvd of her and talked. Well, Lauren talked mostly and cried. I just listened and tried to be there for her. But this time Lauren just wouldn’t shut up, she kept talking about the day she, uh, passed away. I didn’t want to hear it, I mean I think about it all day long, you know, so I just couldn’t handle that.”

I looked up at Addie, she still was holding my hand and listening. She looked so damn beautiful, I didn’t want to tell her the next part, I just didn’t.

“This next part might be a deal breaker for you if everything else hasn’t been already,” I said warningly.

“I’m still here, right? Nothing’s been a deal break yet, keep going, I’m listening.” She smiled and rubbed my hand. God, I loved her. She always made me feel a little bit better.

“So, i just went and kissed Lauren. I know, that’s so fucking dumb of me! Right? I mean I kissed her when I had you.”

Addie looked upset now, but I couldn’t just tell her I kissed her.

“But, I didn’t just kiss her, we slept together. I mean I felt God awful about it right afterwards and so stupid and I knew she did, too. So we went to my parents and the after dinner, I went to your house. I wanted to tell you everything but I just couldn’t. I didn’t want you to get scared or anything, so I just kept being an ass and pushing you away. I figured that would work. But, then the next day after class, you seemed like you wanted everything to go back to normal and I just couldn’t handle that after everything I had done and hadn’t told you so I pushed you away more by telling you the things I did. But immediately after, I felt awful. I mean I wanted to go run out after you and take back everything I said, but I didn’t. And then Nick came over my house and started cussing me out for making you cry so we had actually been looking for you that night when we saw you at Waffle House with Ian. And that just made me even more pissed, I mean it was me who drove you to him and it sent me over the edge. I mean I knew I had to get you back.”

I stopped talking and took a deep breath.

Addie let go of my hand and stood up. Fuck, I knew she wouldn’t be able to handle it.