chapter eight

So, I don't think this is my best chapter? I kind of was bored with this one until like the very end! Hopefully it's still good enough to get some reads? ;) Please vote, comment and fan! I really would love to know what you guys who are reading it are thinking! Thank you! Enjoy!

P.S. I'll update tonight or tomorrow:)

__________________________________________________________________

English went by pretty quick and so did my second class, Psychology. I was shocked when Professor Denson didn’t pester or pick on me once, but I’m not going to complain.

It was just quarter past noon and I was already exhausted. I was ready to go home and take a long nap, but that wasn’t going to happen.

“Addie! Addie! Hold up!” I heard someone call from quite a distance. But I already knew who it was.

I stopped walking to my car and waited for them to catch up.

“Hey, Darren,”

“Don’t, hey, Darren me.” This threw me back, did I do something wrong? Obviously the expression on my face told him I was confused so he finally spoke up.

“What was that with the professor this morning? You come in with him and smiling and giggling and making googely eyes with each other all throughout class and what the hell are you wearing!?”

Woah. Darren was so over reacting.

“Darren, calm down. And I was not making googely eyes with him or anything like that! You’re over thinking this! And my outfit? Well, I felt like being lazy today.”

Why had I lied? Well, I don’t know. It’s not like me and Morgan did anything wrong, right? Did I just finally refer to him as Morgan? Maybe something is wrong. Nah, I’m just overanalyzing this.

However, my little lie seemed to please him. I was expecting him to comment my shoes, but he didn’t, thankfully.

“Okay, you’re probably right, Adds. Anyways, I wanted to ask you what you were doing right now.”

It wasn’t a question really, more of a statement.

“Um, I’m going to go work out, you know me and my obsessive workouts.” It was true. I had been obsessed with working out for a few years now, and honestly I had been slacking a lot of this summer. I hadn’t worked out in three weeks and I knew today was going to kick my ass.

“I haven’t seen you there lately. But how about me and you go and eat and then you go work out? Cause I really want to grab a bite to eat with you.” He smiled and scratched his temple. That smile got me to smile, too. He always scratched his temple whenever he nervous and it made me a little nervous that he was nervous.

“Um, sure. Why not?” I smiled when saying this. I looked up at him and saw his grin grow huge. Did he finally want to get back together? Or were we just going out as friends? Either way, I was glad to have Darren back in my life.

“Cool. Let’s take my truck.” He grabbed my hand and walked me to his truck. On the way walking to his truck I saw Morgan  staring at us and his face going from confused to angry. And having him stare at us made me feel somewhat guilty. And I have no clue why.

I got into his truck and felt all these memories coming back. I remember my first kiss in this truck, the first time he saw me cry and the first time he told me he loved me. But those memories soon diminished from my mind as I saw Morgan walking towards the parking lot angrily.

We were driving to his families restaurant “Alexander’s” and all I could think about was Morgan; The whisper in my ear, the coffee spillage, the cocky attitude, the touch that had sent chills up my spine, his sexy laugh and the fact that he called me beautiful. It made me smile.

“Why are you smiling, Addie?” Darren asked as he grabbed my hand and smiled, too.

His hand wasn’t as soft as Morgan’s but his hand was remissible.

“Oh, you know, just thinking about all the things that happened in this truck.”

I was such a bad person for lying to Darren. He didn’t deserve that. I for one was definitely not thinking about all those memories right now all I could think about was my professor and how I wish it was his hand who just squeeze mine.

“Yeah, we had some great memories in this truck.” I nodded

It was true, all those were great memories, but that’s just that, they were memories and if we were going to get back together like everyone says we were then we had to make new memories. But, I’m not sure he wants to get back together and I’m not sure why, if I’m supposed to want to get back together with him, I’m thinking of another man.

We walked into his parents restaurant and took the booth we had carved our names into back in ninth grade. His sister, Jessa, came and took our drink orders and said she’d be right back. She was never my favorite and I was definitely not hers, either.

“Addie, can I tell you something?” Darren asked. He was holding my hand over the table. I nodded and waited.

“I really want to get back together. Now I’m not saying right now but, I am saying, I want us back. The way we once were. Everyone knows we’re destined to be together.”

Sigh. I had a feeling he wanted to get back together but I wasn’t sure. But why was I feeling like this was such a burden? I hated the fact that everyone said we were destined to be together, but we never actually said that.

In high school me and Darren were the golden couple. You know, the one that falls in love, goes off to college together, gets married, has a few kids and grows old together. Well, that hadn’t been us in a year and I wasn’t sure if I was going to go for having that status quo again.

“Addie? Did you hear me?” I heard Darren finally say.

“Yeah, sorry. I spaced out. Let’s just take it slow, okay?”

He smiled and I smiled.

“What would you like to eat?” Jessa said once she walked over to our table.

“Just a salad, with dressing on the side.”

She nodded then walked away. She had already knew what her brother had wanted.

When we were done Darren took me back to the school so I could get my car.

“So, I had a lot of fun.” Darren said as he was walking me to my car.

I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, me too. It was good catching up with you.”

“Yeah, it was. Well, I have to go. See you tomorrow in class?”

I nodded as he kissed me on the cheek. It didn’t make me giddy or have instant butterflies like I know it would’ve if Morgan would’ve done that!

Wait? Did I just think of Morgan, my professor who is married, kissing me on the cheek? Oh, gosh, there is something seriously wrong with me.

I walked to my car and grabbed my keys from my bag. I started up my car and drove to the gym. I had forgotten I had gym clothes in my trunk that I could’ve actually worn this morning but I remembered them once I got to the gym. I grabbed them from my trunk and walked inside of the gym. I signed in and made my way to the locker rooms.  I changed and decided I’d go for a run on the treadmill.

I grabbed my ipod and headed for the treadmill. I had clicked start when something yanked my earbuds out of my ears.

“Are you stalking me, Addie?” I heard someone question from behind me with an obvious grin in their voice.

What the hell? I turned around to see who it was. Oh, it was Morgan. I smiled and fell on my ass from now paying attention to the moving tread.