chapter sixteen

Here's the next chapter! It's not my FAVORITE but definitely not my least fave, either. Anyways, I really want to know what you guys are thinking now about her guy situation?! Are you still for Nick? (Which most of the readers are) Or are you just waiting to see what happens in the next chapter? LOL! Oh, and I'll update tomorrow at least twice because I already have quite a few chapters written- I was very motivated today! Anywhoooo, please comment, vote and fan! Enjoy:)

________________________________________________________________________

I saw Nick’s jeep and smiled on the outside but on the inside I was crumbling and felt awful.

First reason was because of everything that had just happened with his brother.  

Second reason, I got called a tramp and got kicked out of class!

Third reasoning, I had smashed into his car and surprisingly not even on purpose.

Fourth reason, the guy who told me he had been falling in love with me called me by the name of his wife.

Fifth reasoning, I had run into his wife who had been pretty damn sweet to me.

Sixth reason, Nick wasn’t going to be happy about double dating, or so I don’t think he will be.

Seventh reason, I was going to have to see my professor and his beautiful wife on a date.

Eighth reason, because I too was falling in love with the man I could never have.

I got up off the bench and got into his car.

“Good afternoon, beautiful.”

Still smiling I replied, “Good afternoon to you, too.”

“Where to?”

“Honestly, I don’t care.”

He chuckled and drove off from the school.

“So how was school?”

“Pretty good.” I lied. Why had I lied? I mean, I could’ve told Nick the truth, but honestly I didn’t want to talk about it out loud.

“You’re lying.” Damn. How’d he know?

“No, I’m not.”

We were at a red light and I had just finally looked at him for the first time since I got into his car. He looked so good right now. He had on dark faded blue jeans and red polo and I could smell his cologne he was wearing. He looked pretty damn good, actually.

“Addie, don’t lie to me. What happened?”

I didn’t want to tell him. I didn’t want to anyone, not even Chalice.

“Nothing, bad.” I laughed trying to play it off. “I just don’t want you to be mad at me..”

He looked at me and smiled and then excelled on the gas pedal when he noticed the light had turned green.

“I could never be mad at you, babe. So what did you do?” he was laughing, hopefully he’d be able to keep his word.

“I ran into Lauren and agreed to a double date with us and them.”  

“You’re shitting me, right?”

Shit, I knew he’d get mad.

“I knew you’d get mad, I’m sorry! We can cancel, you know.”

He started laughing again. I looked at him to see if he thought I was joking. It must be something in the genes of Denson boys, because they’re always laughing at me, or I must be disguised as a damn comedian because I don’t find myself this funny.