chapter forty

Hey! So this is a filler chapter, really, but I liked it:) Hopefully you guys will, too! So please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN! Enjoy :)

P.S. I want to thank everyone who has been reading, voting and commenting! I've got over 21,000 reads!!! And I'm number 125 on Teen Fiction, which is great, in my opinion! And over 500 votes! So thanks so much:)

____________________________________________________________________

I can’t believe he wants Lauren’s baby to be his! I thought he didn’t want her anymore? I thought he loved me?

I was sobbing in the car as I drove down the road. It started to pour down rain, how ironic? Because that’s what was exactly happening in my life, it was getting poured down on. I drove to my house and ran inside. Mandi and dad weren’t there. Not much was in my room though; it was all at fucking Morgan’s! I collapsed on my bed and grabbed out my phone.

“Darren?” I mumbled into the phone when he answered.

“Addie?”

“Yeah, can you come here?”

“Um, sure, I’ll be there in ten,” I mumbled okay and hung up. It seems lately whenever I have a problem I always go to Darren, maybe it’s just because he was there for me for so long? Hmm, I don’t know.

Ten minutes later my bed room door was opened by Darren. I looked up and saw him. He looked good right now; he was in khaki shorts and white polo. He came over on my bed and lied down.

“Were you robbed?” he joked. Oh, I hadn’t told him I moved in with Morgan. Actually I hadn’t told him anything really about Morgan. I halfway smiled and shook my head.

“Before I tell you everything, tell me what’s new with you?” I said leaning up against my wall. I didn’t want our hanging out to only be about me, I felt like I hardly knew what was going on in any of my friend’s lives even though I have hung out with them.

“Err, when was the last time you spoke to Chalice?” he asked. He seemed nervous. Now that I think about it it’s been a while since I just spoke to Chalice like we used to.

“I talked to her for like a minute in algebra the other day, why?”

“Never mind, I’ve been fine I guess.”

“Darren, what’s wrong? You’re not talking like you usually would.”

“I promised I wouldn’t tell you or at least not yet.”

“Who made you promise you wouldn’t tell me something? And you know I can keep a secret.” Now I had totally forgot about Morgan because now I wanted to know what he was hiding.

“Promise to keep it a secret? Just between us because you can’t tell them I told you first,” he was giving me his I-am-not-playing-with-you look. I nodded and he took a deep breath. Come on, Darren, just tell me!

“Chalice is pregnant.”

“What?” I didn’t even think before I said anything. Was everyone in this damn town getting pregnant?

“Yeah, about three months, we’re guessing it happened the first time, you know, at the party. But seriously, don’t say anything yet, Chalice wanted to tell you, but she didn’t know how.”

I nodded. Chalice, my best friend, is pregnant? Three months pregnant? Damn why doesn’t this girl tell me anything anymore. I snapped out of it and looked at Darren, he seemed excited so I wasn;t going to put a damper on that.

I hugged him. “Congrats, I know you’ll be a great dad! And don’t worry, I won’t tell Chalice that you told me.”

“Good. Now tell me why you called me over here in tears.”