chapter twenty-four

Hey! So quite a lot happens in this chapter with a few different characters and Addie! Hopefully you enjoy it! Don't forget to comment, vote and fan!  It motivates me so much more when you do! ENJOY :)

P.S. Picture of Darren to the side!

__________________________________________________________________________

After we got back to my house we went and raided my fridge for a bunch of food and plopped down on the living room couch and had a One Tree Hill marathon. We were both major Julian fans since we were watching the later seasons and Lucas was no longer a series regular.

I looked at my phone and saw it was noon I decided to text Morgan and see what he was up to since I wasn’t going to see him today.

Chalice and I spent a good four hours watching One Tree Hill and just relaxing. I had missed my best friend; we hadn’t had moments like this in quite a while.

Chalice left around five and I decided to go pay someone a visit.

I grabbed my keys out of my bed room and got into my car and drove a few miles up the street.

I took a deep breath and knocked on his door.

“Oh, shit,” he said when he answered the door.

Darren stood there looking at me with a shocked face and running his hands through his hair.

“Come on, let’s go on a walk.” I said and he nodded sliding on his flip flops.

We walked down the street in silence.

“Addie, I’m so sorry,”

“For what exactly?”

“Sleeping with Chalice.”

I nodded and took a deep breath.

“Don’t’ be. I mean it. We’re not in a relationship and it’s not like she’s just my best friend, she’s yours too. And all I’ve got to say is hopefully sex didn’t fuck up your guys’ relationship.”

He looked shocked, again. He probably had been expecting me to hit him or something.

“Darren, I’m always going to love you, it’s just, I mean it, we’re done. I used to just sit around waiting for us to get back together but I’ve realized now that that is never going to happen and honestly I’m just fine with that; just fine with being your friend again.”

He smiled and put his arm around me while still walking.

“Good, I thought I’d lose you as a friend again.”

We sat down at a bench that was placed at a stop sign to talk. I finally punched him as hard as I could.

Damn that fucking hurt! My knuckles were going to be sore now!

“What the hell was that for?” he jumped and rubbed his upper arm.

“That was for calling me a tramp the other day in class.”

I looked at him waiting for a good explanation of why he had done that.

“I’m so sorry, Adds, really, I am. It’s just I was so jealous. You’re not a tramp, not at all, it’s just my anger took over my words and it went too far.”

“Damn right it did, don’t let it happen again, okay?”

“Okay.”

We sat there sitting next to each other just watching cars drive by. We used to do this all the time when we were dating and we had had a stressful week. I needed to lighten the mood.