chapter five-edited.

edited to the best of my abilities :) 100612 please point out any mistakes!

Here's the other chapter i promised tonight! it's not as long as promised, but i promise i'll upload more tomorrow! i've already wrote it but i just don't want to upload it yet ;) there was a new character that was added in this chapter! i don't feel like i described that character well enough though,, so hopefully you'll get to know them better in the upcoming chapters:) please vote, comment and fan! enjoy!

P.S. picture of the new character to the side- Chalice Powers!

___________________________________________________________________________

I was finally finished with all my classes for the day and I just wanted to go home to relax. Today had been different than I had expected. My best friend, Chalice Powers, was in my Finite Mathematics class, so I was super stoked about that, but so was Darren. I have to admit when I first knew I was going to have class with him, I wasn’t very thrilled, but then after spending a few hours with him, I realized how much I had missed him.

I walked into the house and threw my purse and keys on the table that was right next to the door when you first enter.

“Addie! How were your classes?” my father greeted me with a hug as I walked into the living room.

“I’m not going to lie, they weren’t that bad, actually.” I saw my dad smile. He could tell I was actually telling the truth and he probably hoped that this would finally be my year to move on.

“That’s great sweetie! See, me and Mandi told you that you had nothing to worry about.”

“Yeah, y’all were right. I have a class with Chalice.”

“Oh, yeah? That’s good that you’ve got her.”

“Yeah, it is. I also have two with Darren,” I said in a hushed tone, not sure of how my father would react. He raised his eyebrow and nodded.

“Well, I’m not going to lie; I really don’t want you and Darren to be a thing again.”

I knew that already. Dad was actually probably the only person who didn’t want us to be together. He never really told me why he just told me he didn’t want it to happen again.

“Dad, relax. Today was the first time we’ve talked in quite a while. We’re just friends, if that.”

“Okay, well, just come tell me if anything does happen because I’d rather hear it from you than through the grape vines.”

I nodded and went down the hall to my bed room. I dropped onto my bed right as I heard a knock on my window. It was Chalice. She has always come through my window ever since we became friends in the third grade. I don’t know why though since my parents love her and don’t mind her coming over,  but maybe it made her feel cool.

I unlocked the lock on top of my window and helped her get in but she stumbled when she got onto my floor and tripped. I swear she is the clumsiest person I know!

“Damn it! I swear I always do that!” Chalice shrieked. She had changed since our class together. She was now wearing sweats and a hoodie and not heels and a romper.

I laughed. “Well, you know we do have a front door, meaning you wouldn’t have to climb five feet and all that.”

She looked at me with her hand on her hip and gave me her duh face. “Where would the fun be in that?”

I shrugged and we both sat on my bed.

“So, how do you feel about being around Darren again?” Chalice got straight to the point. She always did though, that’s what I mainly love about her though, the fact that she doesn’t beat around the bush.

“Honestly, I’m okay with it. Today made me realize how much I had missed him.” She gave me her pity look and grabbed my hands.

“Sweetie, we’ve known Darren since we were eight. He’s a great guy and you know y’all are going to get back together so just keep it up, because everyone wants to see you all back together.” I nodded in agreement. Everything she had just said was absolutely truly.

“Plus, he’s been there through everything.” I knew this. Everyone knew this. Maybe that’s why people think we’re going to get back together because he’s been my security blanket for so long.

“Yeah, I know. But anyways, he’s honestly not the one I’ve been thinking about all day.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, there’s this other guy.”

“There’s a guy? That you like? That you actually spoke to? Wow! I’m shocked!”

I laughed. Chalice was always jumping to conclusions..

“No, I never said I liked him! I actually probably hate him! He’s so cocky and arrogant and rude and prying. And he thinks he is so sexy, well he is, but that’s beside the point.”

“Well, who is this asshole?” she looked so curious. Her eyes bulged as she sat unpatiently waiting for an answer.

“My English professor.”