chapter forty-one

Hey, guys! So this is pretty short, I promise the next chapter is going to be longer! Anyways please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN! Enjoy! :)

P.S. I uploaded my new story, Moving On, I'd really appreciate if you checked it out and told me what you thought of it! Thanks! :)

_____________________________________________________________________

I finally told Chalice about everything dealing with Morgan and me. I didn’t tell her about Oliver though just because she never even knew about him anyways. And she told me about her pregnancy. I hadn’t realized how much I had missed my best friend until last night and I’m glad Darren told me to hang out with her.

By the time morning came, I was dreading going to school because I didn’t want to see Morgan. Plus, it was Monday and everyone hates Mondays. I got ready, borrowed an outfit from Chalice and then we each drove to school in our cars.

I walked into the school and took a deep breath and then opened the door to Morgan’s classroom. He was already in there, propped up on that damn counter as usual. I avoided looking at him though I could feel him staring at me. I ignored it and then saw Darren who waved for me to come to the back.

“Hey, Adds, sit with us,” Darren said as I made my way back there. Ian was already sitting down and so was Darren so I just took the next desk to them.

“Hey, Ian,” I said getting his attention since he was on his phone.

“Hey, cutie,” he said smiling up at me. “What have you been up to lately?” Oh, good, Darren didn’t tell him.

“Nothing really, we should all hangout soon,” I suggested and he nodded and went back to whoever he was texting but he had a big grin on his face which made me think I knew who it was.

“Thanks,” I muttered to Darren.

“You’re welcome. I’d rather you sit back here anyways,” I nodded and then heard Morgan start teaching. I finally looked up at him and noticed that his hair was super messy and it looked like he had just rolled out of bed. I didn’t want it to change how I was thinking about him though, so I just let it go and started taking notes by listening to his voice.

“Miss Johnson, can I see you after class?” Morgan asked when he finished his lecture.

“No, I have another class.” He dismissed us right then and I lunged for the door so I wouldn’t have to talk to him. I wish he’d just respect the fact that I didn’t want to talk to him or be anything with him right now. I need space. He needs space too, to figure everything out. But I didn’t want to think about it much so I just cleared my mind of him. My other two classes were a drag and I just couldn’t wait to leave.

I was walking out to my car when I remembered all my stuff. Darren’s truck was right next to mine so I just waited for him to walk over to ask him to help me. There was way too much stuff for me to carry out.

“Hey, Adds. Waiting for me?” He said smirking while unlocking his door.

“Yes, actually. Can you help me with something?”

He cocked his eyebrows and shrugged. “Well that depends what this something would be.”

“Come to Morg-, I mean Professor Denson’s condo and help me get all my stuff, he’s not going to be there.”

“Addie, you can call him by his first name.”

I shook my head. No, I had to stop calling him that for the time being. “No, I have to get used to us not being together and him being my teacher. Which thankfully there’s only a week left of November and then December will fly by and then I won’t have him anymore.” I’m so thankful that we don’t keep the same professors for both semesters.

“Okay, yeah, I’ll help. I’ll just follow you, okay?” I nodded and we both got into our cars.

When we arrived to the condo it felt so weird being here without being with Morgan. I mean, I’ve been to the condo dozens of times without Morgan, but without actually being with him, it was weird.

“I’ve never been inside a teachers home before,” Darren said as he eyed everything around him. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm.

“Most everything of mine is this way, and teachers homes are no different than regular people’s homes,” I said and then thought about something and added,”Mandi’s a teacher, you’ve been in my home thousands of times.” He smiled and nodded like he had forgotten.

Okay, Addie, get all your stuff and then get out. You don’t want Morgan coming back soon and you definitely don’t need to be in here anymore than you have to.

I walked into the bedroom and saw that he had actually packed all my stuff. Humph. Maybe he did want me gone… which actually hurt, a lot.

“I can’t believe he actually packed everything,” I said as I sat down on the bed. Darren just stood there staring at me.

“Come on, Adds, let’s just get your stuff, you don’t need to be in here. It’s bad for you. You’re on a break and this is what a break is all about. Plus it gives me the willies.” I smiled and rolled my eyes. “The willies, Darren?” he nodded his head and grabbed a box and so did I. Within fifteen minutes we had both cars full with my clothes and a bunch of other stuff.

“Thanks,” I said as we stood outside our cars in the parking lot.

“Well, let’s just take this to my house and then you can go hangout with Chalice because I know you guys have plans.”

“You can come with if you want,” he suggested. But I declined because last time it was just us after they got into a relationship it was a bit awkward after a while. He dropped off all my stuff and then left.

I started unpacking and saw that he packed up every picture we had taken together, too. I didn’t want to not keep them so I just put them in a bottom of a drawer and put some clothes over it so I wouldn’t have to see them every time I looked for clothes. I heard someone coming inside the house so I walked out of my room.

“Addie, dear, what are you doing here?” Mandi asked when I walked out into the living room.

“Oh, I moved out of Morgan’s.”

She looked shocked. “It was for the best, we needed a break.” I told her but it sounded more like I was reassuring myself it was for the best because I kept thinking about him and I didn’t want to because I loved him so much but I just can’t be with him, not now at least.

“Would you like to talk about it?” I shook my head.

“Okay, but when you do, I’m going to be here, okay?” I nodded and walked away. I changed my outfit and threw on some tennis shoes. I need to go on a run and clear my mind. I walked out the door and starting running but I soon fell over after someone jumped out from behind a tree.

“Fuck,” I muttered getting up and brushing myself off. They held out a hand and I reluctantly took it. Then I looked up and saw who it was. Shit.