chapter twenty-three

Hey guys! :) So this is a super duper short chapter but I felt like it needed to be put in the story asap! Anyways, please tell me what you think of it! It's only written in Morgan's P.O.V. and it's how he spent his Sunday, mostly! Anyways, please comment, vote and fan! Enjoy:)

P.S. Photo of Lauren to the side! I uploaded that one because it's the only one where she looks half way upset-ish.. And I uploaded a song that went with a little part of Lauren and Morgan- not the end part, more the middle and what he says about her.

***IF ANY PART OF THIS CONFUSES YOU PLEASE ASK ME TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, I WILL DO IT GLADY :)

____________________________________________________________________________

Morgan's P.O.V.

I heard my phone buzz from getting a text. I looked at my clock next to me and saw the time already.

It was noon and I didn’t want to wake up, didn’t want to move but I had to, Lauren would be here soon.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and read the text

What’s my sexy professor doing?(; - Addie Johnson

Her text made me almost smile but I just couldn’t, I didn’t text her back, I’d talk to her later in the day.

I groaned and pushed myself out of bed, took a shower and got dressed.

I went downstairs and sat on the couch and started thinking.

I really hoped Lauren wouldn’t be a nagging, complaining bitch today. I guess she had a reason to be today, but I just wouldn’t be able to handle it with everything that has happened over the past weekend.

I heard a knock and walked over and opened the door. I was surprised when it was Lauren, not because I hadn’t been expecting her because I had, but because she was knocking.

“Hey, Morg, so I have all the stuff.”

I nodded and took the bag and plastic box from her hands and placed it on the coffee table.

Lauren sat down a few feet away from me on the couch and just lied back silently.

I looked at her and grabbed her hand rubbing my thumb across hers. She looked at me apologetically and smiled.

“Morgan I still love you.”

I knew she did and I sort of loved her, just not that way. And I couldn’t tell her that either.

“I know you do, Lauren, I know you do,” I said as I leaned down and kissed her head.

She started crying. I couldn’t watch her, I just couldn’t so I spaced out and looked away from her.

I remembered the first time I met Lauren. She had no makeup on, she was wearing capris and an old tee and she had her hair pulled up. I was getting some ice cream at the local parlor next to our college campus and she was sitting on the bench with a little boy who was crying. He had fallen and she was helping him clean up his knee and to find his parents. When she told me that I knew I just had to have her I had never met anyone that had been that considerate. She was the sweetest and most caring person I had ever met.

Snapping out of remembering the past I looked down at her and saw tears in her eyes. She looked so vulnerable, she wasn’t able to hold it in anymore and I couldn’t either.

“Let’s go, Laur,”

She shook her head. It had been almost eight months, I needed to get her.

I smiled and grabbed her hand.

“I’ll carry you if I have to,” teasing her hoping she’d finally go for it.

“Fine,” she said getting up from off the couch.

“Can you grab the things?” she asked and I nodded grabbing the stuff up off of the coffee table.

We walked up the stairs and grabbed the key off of the ledge on the very top of the door. I unlocked it and stepped into the room. It looked the same, just as it had eight months ago, just how it did every time we had gone into the room.

Lauren collapsed to the floor and started crying. I couldn’t help it, I didn’t care that she cheated on me and turned into an evil bitch at that moment, I had to comfort her.

I got down on the carpet next to her and pulled her into my lap as she sobbed. I was stroking her back and twirling hair, since it always calmed her down.

“Why are you being so nice to me, Morgan?”

She looked up at me and I smiled.

“Lauren, I don’t care what you’ve done to me, I’m always going to be here for you, even if the things that I say out of anger seem like I won’t be, I will. I’ll always love you and you’ll always have a part of me.”

Shit. I shouldn't of added the love part.

“We’re getting a divorce aren’t we?”

I nodded and she put her head back into my chest as I smoothed down her hair.

She stood up and walked around the room touching everything along the way. Her hair was straight and long flowing today, she hadn’t had much make up on and the little bit she did was now smeared; she was only wearing a pair of blue jeans and a tank top.

I opened the box and looked down at the rectangular cake, I opened the bag and grabbed out the plates, knives, forks and candles that were in the bag. I reached in my pocket and pulled out the lighter that I always keep on me and lit the candles.

Lauren walked over to me and kneeled on the ground.

She put her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her.

“Happy Third Birthday, Mackenzie.” We both said in unison and blew out the candles.

I looked at her and saw her crying again. I looked all around the pink bedroom with her crib, dresser, rocking chair and everything else that hadn’t been moved or packed away in the entire time she had been gone.

I felt tears in my eyes but yawned to cover them up. Lauren looked up at me and smiled a true and genuine smile that I hadn’t seen in so long.