Chapter Sixty-Two

"I just pray that the wires aren't coming..."

Song: Wires

Artist: The Neighbourhood

Because I didn't clear everything up and I've been getting so many messages and comments about when she had woken up. So here's as I would say, 'The Lost Chapter' of Like Totally.

Happy Reading!

Adrian:

        When I had woken up, everything was in a sort of blur.

        I'm not saying life was in a blur but just my eyes. I'm really hoping that this is the last time that I'll ever have to wake up in a hospital under such gruesome type circumstances. It also turned out that God answered my prayers. I guess that wasn't my suicide note like I thought it was and to make matters even better, I'm actually inside my body.

        Yeah! I'm no longer a ghost walking around watching life go on without her actually truly being there to live it. God, I can't believe that I actually caused Colton that much pain and heartache. All of his screaming and crying was because of me. All because I couldn't make up my mind on whether I wanted to live or die. Like I said before, I hope you never have to hear the sound of a machine flat-lining.

        My eyes adjusted to the dark room slowly. There was no one in the room with me when I managed to gather the strength to raise my body up. I suddenly inhaled the sharpest breath possible when a flash of pain erupted through my abdomen. Sending a wave of discomfort and a stinging pain up my body. I lifted the white, quilt-like blanket off of my body and pulled at the collar of my hospital gown.         

        The white patch that was taped to my stomach didn't look like any good sign to me. It had the faintest of red coming up from the wound underneath it and that's when I remembered what had happened recently. Matthew had shot me. Well isn't this just one fucked up situation. I released my gown and turned my head towards the heart monitor, watching my steady rhythm.

        That tune is such a relief.

        When I caught sight of the food tray beside me, I couldn't help but let a smile cross my lips. You never know how much you truly love food until you're literally out of your body and you can't eat any. I pulled the cart over to me and picked up the lunch tray to place it on my lap. The plate consisted of some fish with some type of sauce on it, green beans, and a few berries. I was good enough for me at the moment.

        I dug in almost immediately, moaning in relief as I felt my empty stomach begin to smooth over from it's grumbling. I was ravenous. Eating everything that I possibly could, drinking the milk before me and then finishing off my dinner with the chocolate chip cookie that they gave me for dessert. It was almost as if they knew that I was going to be waking up tonight.

         I licked my fingers as I finished, making sure that I got every single last drop of whatever was left on them. As I finished off on my thumb, a throat was cleared before me and I instantly dropped my hand from my mouth. My face flushing with embarrassment of being caught eating like such a pig. It was still dark in the room but I instantly knew who was in my presence as soon as he spoke.

        "If that wasn't the sexiest thing I've ever saw." Colton laughed, coming closer and sitting in one of the chairs that was pulled the closest to my bedside. "Adrianna, you're awake."

        I shook my head, laughing a bit. "Yeah, and no longer hungry." He handed me a napkin from the tray so I could wipe off my fingers and I took it a bit bashfully. It was weird for me to act like this because it felt like we were meeting each other all over again... but in a way we weren't. I was just in and out of death.