Chapter Twenty-Four

Are you looking at me? Are you looking at me?

You're on my page so you must be looking metaphorically at me!

New Update ( :

Good Readings! <3

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:

Adrian:

        "What has you all giddy?" My mom asked as soon as I enter into the kitchen for dinner. Her eyes are piercing mine; that's her 'I'm-curious-and-I'll-find-out-everything' face.

Somehow, eventually, I always end up telling her what's going on with me.

        "Nothing, it was just a good day that's all." I responded, bluntly and to the point. She handed me my plate of spaghetti slowly, still eyeing me; waiting to see me crack.

It's not happening this time. "Where's Dad?" I skipped happily to my seat at the island counter and look at my now stiff mom.

Her jaw clenched and her grasp on the metal spaghetti scooper tightened so much that I was expecting her to accomplish the impossible and bend that scooper!

        "He's handling business at the office," She mumbled as she grabbed her dinner plate then walked over to me to take her seat at the island. "But let's not worry about him, okay?"

        "Okay..." I trailed off and twirled some spaghetti onto my fork. We lapsed into a comfortable silence for a bit. Well, exterior silence; my mind's busy chattering away about all things Colton on the inside.

Whenever Colton is the topic in my head, I shut up and listen. Right now all I'm doing is replaying my whole confession to him earlier today. Causing me to smile randomly.

        "Okay, who's the boy?" My mom exhaled quickly. By the way her face contorted into a tell-me-now look, I knew she wanted an official answer.

        "Mom, there is n-"

        "Don't feed me useless answers." She cut me off before I could say anything else. She exhaled again, a little bit calmer now. "I was a young girl once and I know how we are. That's not a normal smile, Adrianna. Who's the boy?"

Okay, she has me right where she wanted me. I either tell my Mom or get interrogated to a point where I'll have to tell her while being chased around the house.

And at the moment I'm not down for the cardio exercise.

        "Colton." I breathed out.

Her eyes widened in shock but then a happy smile broke over her face.

        "I was rooting for that boy."

I nodded my head and twirled some more spaghetti onto my fork.

        "He's the reason why you look like a kid on Christmas?"

I rolled my eyes, annoyed now. Didn't we just establish this like two seconds ago?

        "Yes, Mom."

        "Adrianna, I never thought I'd see the day where you would date again." Mom sighed happily, making me look up at her.

        "Mom, don't."

        "And now you're happy, Adrianna. I bless the Lord for sending you Colton, he has made you happy."

I was happy before. He just made me happier.

        "He didn't do a good deed!" I replied, and swallowed a bite of spaghetti. "I was always happy."