Chapter Fifty-Four

"Take me to your best friend's house, go around this roundabout, oh yeah..."

Song: Tongue Tied

Artist: GroupLove

Okay, so my school had some fish served at lunch and like a dumbass I ate it ... I should've listened to my friends because I think death is nearby.

Prayer. I need prayer.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR:

Adrian:

Will there ever be a time when I'll be able to kiss my boyfriend and not have some big news come up right after to kill the moment? Seriously. What is life anymore except one big blunder after the next. As much as I want to just try to ignore this pile of documentation mess sitting in front of me; I can't. And as much as I want to continue kissing Colton; I can do that but the heat of the moment is no longer here anymore.

It walked out right when my mom walked it. Is this woman trying to cause me an early stroke or something? Something that will kill me in during early age? I think she is. I swear when I read over the file I could feel my heart drop into my stomach and practically shit out of my ass. Okay ... gross ... Tell me about it ... It's not a feeling that I would want the most whilst standing right next to Colton but he farted on me so if it really happened then we would be even.

Maybe if it were possible the floor would be able to open up just for me and allow me to escape to an island paradise. ... Or hell ... An island paradise that has milk that can be drunken out of a coconut and midget islanders catering to my every want/need. Like, if I needed someone to fan the heat away from me with a palm leaf then you better believe those midget workers will be there to do the job. Almost like they're there to twerk for Miley. No comparison.

Colton finished reading over the file for himself before throwing it across the island counter and wiping a hand down his face. Yeah, I'm feeling the exact same way. Except this feeling is more of an 'I Want To Knock My Mom Out' type of thing. Seriously, I'm just ready to do damage control on anyone that deemed to call themselves my 'parent.'

Who are my parents anyway? Literally. Who the fuck are they? I know them but then again I don't know them at all. Ever since Matthew came into the picture my mom has started to show so many different faces of herself that I can't even keep up.

"What are you going to do?" Colton asked as he took ahold of one of my hands and began to make circles on it with his fingers. In the meantime, I narrowed my eyebrows as I looked at the file that lay across the counter. Maybe I would be able to burn it. Then it won't have to be thought about again. The problem is that if I burnt it then it would  be thought about because people would be wondering where it possibly went.

"Maybe ... I could just runaway." And maybe one day I'll actually be serious when I suggest that thought. "If I ran away then no one would ever have to bother me again. I would be able to live life. The island midgets and I, you know?" I watched as Colton's face contorted into confusion.

"Island midgets?"

I shook my head. I completely forgot that I thought about those midgets in my head. I'm sure he's calling me crazy inside his head ...again. I bet he calls a lot of things about me crazy. I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him since he always has to deal with me and my problems. How he always has to come rescue me from something. I don't want to always feel like a damsel in distress because I'm not.

I'm independent. At least I try to be independent 99.9% of the time. At some point in time though everyone needs somebody sometimes. But I just don't want a someone all the time. He's my boyfriend, yeah, I get that but I just don't want to tire him away with all of my stupid family drama.