Chapter Forty-Six

"Eight gold rings like I'm Sha -- Shabba Ranks..."

Song: Shabba Ranks

Artist: ASAP Ferg

Sorry for the wait you guys. I've been busy with finals all week.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:

Adrian:

"What do you mean that we've been disqualified?" My voice projected throughout Colton and Scott's dorm. I had been woken up from my nap to a fuming Brooke that looked like she was ready to claw my eyes out at any given second. I'm not prepared for another round with anyone at the moment.

Brooke's eyes raged with a given flame. Of course, you couldn't actually see the fire in them but it's Brooke. It was there. I knew that for a fact.

"I mean just that," Her voice spoke to me coldly. "After that fight with you and Serena this morning I was called into the coordinators office. They told me that we were disqualified since our team clearly can't keep our cool with each other. The dance portion of the bash is out."

This seriously can't be happening. It's not my fault that Serena and I got into a fight. Everything is Serena's fault. If anything, those people should make her ineligible to dance and allow the rest of us to continue on preparing for the competition.

Just thinking about all the work we put into our routines. Making them perfect. The blood, sweat, and tears from literally everyone with each jump, twirl, or move we did to the beat of music was all for a reason. The reason why we were here in the first place. At the bash. It has been the most miserable time of my life but I didn't care because I was doing the thing that I loved most in the world.

Dance.

"How is South Lakeview taking the news," I asked, dumbly.

A look of disgust soon masked Brooke's face. I didn't know if it was directed towards me or the mention of our rival, and not knowing mad me fidget on my feet a bit.

"Like I'm supposed to know." She shrugged off. Her hands slapped down to the sides of her thighs after they finished flying in the air. Waving around exasperatedly. "Most likely they are preparing their pitchforks and stabbing knives to jam into our eyes."

I winced at the news of that possibly happening. My eyes will not look good on the point of a pitchfork. They belonged in my head.

"You really did it this time Adrian." Brooke growled causing me to flinch from the venom in her anger - filled words. She turned on the heels of her feet, not even sparing me a parting glance or even a flick of the disrespectful finger. Instead, she just walked straight of the room. Slamming the door behind her.

As I stood there still in shock to process the news, I felt the guilt creep upon me. It was poking and prodding at my head. Wanting its entrance into my thoughts. It wanted to make me blame everything on myself. Even though I had just put the blame on Serena. Guilt knew that some of it just wasn't her fault either.

Guilt wanted me to feel bad for my actions.

I'm not going to though.

Some people say that violence isn't the answer to anything, except, in some cases (Like Serena and I's) it is. That fight needed to happen. Did I want it to? No. It felt wrong sinking to that method of understanding. We had to fight to understand each other.

Serena and I had to fight to know each others thoughts. It was like we were speaking telepathically everytime a punch was delivered from my fist to her body. The new way of communication between us. It allowed me to hear what she really felt even when she had already spoken it to me. I don't know how to explain it really. We just knew that after the last blow was given ... things were never going to be the same again between us.