Chapter Thirty-One

"And that was the day that I promised, I'd never sing of love if it does not exist but darling, you are the only exception..."

Song: The Only Exception

Artist: Paramore

Guess who's back? Back again! Korrie's back, so you needa tell ya friends! :D Seriously, tell them!

New Update!

Happy Readingsssss!

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:

Adrian:

"What's going on," I repeated into the uncomfortable air again. My parents were standing before me silent as a mouse. It had to be something that they didn't want me to know about because they were just seeing who could shout the loudest a few minutes ago.

Patience is a virtue.

Psh!

That's what they all say. Not with something going on like this. This was something I will happily stay impatient about. My dad has my blood test results and I would like to know how and why. "Is anybody going to say anything?!"

That's when my father finally gained some balls. "Don't you dare yell at us like that!" He pointed a stern finger at me. A finger that would get a seven year old girl to shut up. Possibly even make her cry in a timeout corner if he was lucky and used his football game yelling voice. To bad I wasn't a seven year old girl.

So a finger wasn't going to do much of anything for me.

"Tell me what's going on then. Why do you have my blood results scan?" I asked in a harsh voice. The chills of the venom looked like it was ripping my mom apart. She hasn't talked the whole time I've been in here. Which was odd? She looked like she was going to let a tear slip any minute but somehow her weary eyes held up in her favor. If she cried then the jig was up---and everything would be out in the open. That's what I wanted though. "I'm not leaving until I get answers."

My dad stiffly swallowed. It was the loudest sound that could be heard in the bedroom. Besides my heavy breathing because of my anxiousness. My eyes contacted with my Mom's for a brief second because that's when she allowed hers to linger on to something else. It looked like she was staring at my father, who was busy avoiding my eyes by looking to the floor. I could tell my mom was telepathically asking my father for help. Too bad he wasn't giving any.

"Just tell her Daniel," Mom croaked out to dad with rustiness in her throat. Most likely from trying to hold back tears. She rested a hand on her throat and crossed the other over her robe to keep it shielding her frumpy nightgown. That's when dad's eyes immediately shot up from the floor and looked at my mom like she was crazy. "It's time for her to know. So if you don't tell her, then I will."

He stiffened in his fire engine red, plaid, pajama pants and black house shoes. What a bad combination. I could've sworn that mom made him sell those pajamas at our last yard sale. Guess he just decided not to listen. Like he's doing right now. Not listening to the threat that my Mom was giving him.

I can now see where I gained my stubbornness.

"You're crazy, right?" My dad snapped at my mother like she was nothing. I've never heard him talk like this and it was actually scaring me now. Mom just stood there. A few feet away and trying to come off as the strong one. "We talked about this! A promise Olivia!"

Now he just sounds like an ignorant school child.

Even I could tell him all secrets would eventually come to the light. That's what was happening now. And it was going to happen whether he wanted it to or not.