Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Now I'm all alone, since you wanna be gone yeah..."

Song: Somebody Else

Artist: Mario Ft. Nicki Minaj

Whoa Der! Hold up, back the truck up!

New Update? Doin big thingssss ( :

Happy Readings!

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

Adrian:

Liar. Liar.

My mom is a big, fat liar. She knew that she wasn't tearing up my dad's office for their wedding pictures. She also knew that I wouldn't believe a thing she said. Maybe that's why she's been trying to make small talk with me all day.

It would start off with simple greetings. Then she would try to engage in something that I like, or used to like years ago but she's never paid attention to much of my personal interest. That just mad me even madder.

And the thing that made it even funnier was that my dad was actually home early from work this afternoon. But right now he was busy helping my Mom straighten up his office.

They haven't been on speaking terms ever since he walked through the door about an hour ago. Somehow they still managed to withstand being in the same room together, but it's been nothing but silence.

When Serena had to leave this morning to start on her weekend homework, all she did was try to lift up my spirits. To be positive, for that my mom wasn't a liar like I now believed.

Or if she wasn't a liar then she was at least trying to cover something up. And it had to be something important. Very important if both of my parents are walking on eggshells about it.

All I wanted to do was know what the heck was going on. Seriously, I just want to know what is making them act so strangely. This morning my mom served me an orange stuck in a cup as my orange juice.

I thought it was a joke for a quick second and decided to think nothing about it. But it turns out she just had 'a lot of things on her mind right now.' Yeah, things you won't tell me about.

Now I have to go to school and put on a fake smile. I'm not a fake person, but thanks to my parents, I have to be one today.

~

"It's National Dietary Fiber Day!" Josh announced, right when he walked up to Serena, Brayden, Scott and I outside of school before first bell.

Why does everything he say sound so freaking stupid. Since when did America praise fiber of the diet kind? And since when did Josh keep tabs on these stupid days!

Nobody cared. That's why silence is the only one that celebrated his random enthusiasm back. I mean, who really gives a damn.

I have more important things to think about, instead of a Dietary Fiber holiday. "Jeez, tough crowd. Who's thongs are in a bunch?"

"I don't wear thongs," Brayden chimed in, raising his hand in the air. Josh, and the rest of the guys looked at Brayden like he was some sort of liar. While Brayden just stood there, before us, trying not to acknowledge his beet red face.

"Right," Scott trailed off, sarcastically. "How about that one time last yea-" Brayden faked a cough and then supplied a slap to Scott's mouth.

Scott didn't seem affected by it much. Shit, the dude didn't even flinch but he still made himself quiet anyways.

"I. don't. wear. thongs." Brayden answered through his now clenched teeth.

"Brayden doesn't wear thongs," Colton mumbled.