Chapter Eight

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

HAPPY READING ( :

CHAPTER EIGHT:

Adrian:

"What were you two thinking, going swimming after midnight?!" Mine and Colton's mothers screeched at us at the same time. Weird. "Now look at you two!"

It had been two days since Colton and the guys decided to scare the shit out of Serena and I. They said that it was all Scott's idea but I knew Colton planned the whole house intruder fiasco. I'm pretty sure he's the one I bumped into trying to escape from the couch.

It was Monday morning and Colton and I were sick. Together! We both had runny noses that turned stuffy throughout the day. Our bodies were on fire but then again we were also cold and we were coughing our lungs out.

And as always, it was Colton's fault.

"Now you two are going to have to look over each other," Mrs. Knight said.

Colton and I both looked at them in disbelief but I looked even more shocked. I didn't want to spend my sick day with Colton! This should be a time of enjoyment because I have an excuse to not be around him, but nooooo

"Any questions?"

I looked at my mom who was looking at me; not budging a bit. That meant she agreed to what Mrs. Knight was saying. Shit! Couldn't she see that I was freaking out about this! Mom had to be on my side just this once! "You two may actually become friends," My mom said.

I jump off the couch, "Gross! Gross! That will never happen! Don't make us stay together all day! Colton say something!"

"Something," Colton croaked out, looking at me blankly.

This was the time for him to get 'smart'. We needed a strong defense case!

"Mom," I started begging on my knees, "Please!"

She held up a hand to block my groveling face and turned to look at Colton. He did look the most mature between the two of us right now.

"Don't burn down the house. Stay together. No fighting and safe sex." Mrs. Knight smirked between the two of us.

I need a throw up bucket pronto!

"We'll be out shopping all day. Call us if you need anything but try not to need anything. Colton, be respectful. You too, Adrian." Mrs. Knight continued and then walked out of the living room with my so-called mother and through the front door.

And then there was the asshole, myself, and our sickness.. Yay!

Not!

~

"Colton that's not how you stir the soup. It's clockwise not counte-" I pushed him out of the way and snatched the spoon from him. "Let me do it!" He threw his hands up in surrender and went to fetch two bowls from the cabinets.

It's been Colton and I alone in my house for the past three hours. And all we've done in that time was watch bad TV shows and argue about which one was the worse. And also cough and sneeze our brains out!

We wouldn't even have had to be around each other if Colton hadn't decide to be a jerk and ruin my and Serena's sleepover by scaring us to death. I even told my parents what happened so they would understand why I was so sick now but all they did was laugh!

Ha-Ha!

Hee-Hee

That was it!

And here we are. Taking care of each other. That's another reason why I wish I was a child. When they get sick that's an excuse for them to be babied even more. Someone's always there with medicine, soup, and heating pads to calm down their muscles and kiss them better, but once you grow up they stop!