Chapter Thirty-Seven

"All you young, wild girls you make a mess of me..."

Song: Young Girls

Artist: Bruno Mars

Good Readings!

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN:

Adrian:

The feeling I had from seeing Liam was so terrible ---- no terrible was a huge understatement --- imagine putting your hand in a wood chipper just because you wanted to and then enjoy the feeling of having your hand mutilated. I would never do something so stupid like that though. Hopefully you understood the point though.

I wasn't a happy trooper right now. Due to the fact that we, as in, Colton, Serena, Scott, Josh, Brayden and I, just found out that Liam was indeed in fact the new quarterback of South Lakeview. Now we had to endure his shit for the rest of the week.

Trust me when I say that I'm doing ballerina twirls on the inside.

"The nerve of that bastard," Colton sneered, while I tried to help him keep his semi-angry versus semi-calm composure as he walked me to the auditorium on campus. Brooke ordered us to be there as soon as we finished breakfast and since the football players weren't assigned to meet up until fifteen minutes after us then he was free for the walk. "I could rip out his intestines."

That seemed lovely. "But you won't because there is no reason for you too." I calmly stated. The lie I just told was beyond belief. Colton had every right to be angry at Liam; as did I but stooping to Liam's level wasn't saying much for ourselves. "Just forget about him."

Colton let out a disgruntles groan, letting his foot out in front of him to kick at a little pebble, causing it to skid in front of us until it hit a tree. I would also be kidding myself if I said that his anger wasn't a turn on for me.

What? A girl has to have some fun with all the tension, huh?

"Just try your best to ignore him." I pleaded. "Okay? The last thing I need is for you to get into a fight all because of me."

Colton sighed, stopping the two of us in the middle of the empty walkway and squeezed onto my hand that was laced in his even tighter. It was comforting to have him do this because it showed me that he wasn't going anywhere. I loved that feeling just as much as I loved him.

I know. Colton has turned me into a complete cornball.

"Why should I do that?" He casually asked, turning his stare now into my own.

"It will make you the bigger person Colton. Ignoring him is what's best for both of us." I replied. We'd only just been stooping down to Liam's level about twenty minutes ago but now was the time for us to make the bigger man out of the pair of us. Someone had to give.

"He still loves you," He replied snappily.

So this was what was bothering him really. I'd known it was a jealousy thing from the start. But Colton was actually concerned about the fact that my ex was now going to try and put the moves one me. It wasn't even a test on whether Colton trusted me or not. That was because I knew he did. It was Liam that had his blood boiling.

"That doesn't mean I love him," I reassured and sighed, resting one of my hands on the side of Colton's neck to allow my fingers to play with some of his little hair tucks behind his ear.

"Still it bothers me," He spoke quietly. "It bothers me because you're mine and mine only. Not his. He doesn't get to kiss you or call you his girlfriend anymore. Only I can do that now." And hopefully forever. "I love you, Princess."