Chapter Forty-Five

"No one gives you a chance, you gotta take chances..."

Song: President Carter

Artist: Lil Wayne

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it. As promised, here's the new update.

Good Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:

Adrian:

People, let me tell you about my “best friend.” At least that what she was less than forty-eight hours ago. Funny how fast things can change. People weren't kidding when they said time was a bitch. It's true, too. Time is a bitch. But Serena …. she's the biggest bitch of them all.

Megan caught me off guard when she said that Serena was the puppet master that had been pulling her strings. I didn't want to believe her when she said it but I didn't exactly have much to go by anyways. Serena was no longer a reliable character in my book. I couldn't trust her anymore. She's dead to me anyways.

Regardless of that, I still needed to talk to her. Alive or not. Friend or foe. She wasn't getting away with anymore of the shit she's been pulling. I needed to find out what the hell has been her motive from the start. I needed to know why my best friend, who I loved, would try to ruin me. Make me crash and burn.

When I stepped away from Megan, she pulled that signature smirk. “Looks like everyone is not who they say, huh?”

That's when I slapped her.

Not because she was wrong or just being a bitch. I smacked her because she was being truthful. And I completely hated that. I didn't want her to be the one to shed light into my head. My insides were just betrayed.

I was betrayed.

It was smart of me to storm away from her before she gained her senses. I didn't want to fight her. But I wouldn't be upset if she ended up finding me after lunch and finish what I had started. She would be given permission to slap me back. I deserved it for being so gullible in the first place. Before we got into that though, I needed to find Serena.

Brooke made it mandatory for all of the dancers to be in lunch today. She didn't want any of us skipping out on a meal and then lazying around during practice. It was crunch time now. That wasn't going to stop me from calling out Serena, though. Dance was the last thing on my mind now.

I was going to just lay it all out on the table. She wasn't going to storm away from me. I wouldn't allow it. Colton was not going to jump in and try to tame the situation or calm me down. My adrenaline was not going to let that happen. Liam wasn't going to try and make amends with me. My brain was smart enough to diss the bullshit. It was only going to be Serena and I.

When I stepped into the cafeteria, I ran my hands up my ponytail to tighten it. Searching for Serena whilst doing so. North and South Lakeview was mingling amongst one another, no communication mixing with the two schools. We are enemies after all. And with the football game being tomorrow night, nobody was going to talk a peep to each other.

Spotting Serena was pretty easy. She was sitting with some girls from our dance team that looked to be a grade below us. They were engaged in a conversation but my Serena's short answers and slightly stern face, I could tell that she would rather be eating lunch with anyone else but them.

I didn't bother looking for Colton or any of the boys either. If I told them what I was about to do, I knew they would do everything in their power to stop me. Especially, Colton. He didn't want any of us jeopardizing any of our positions on our teams. He wanted us to be able to compete. He wanted us to just focus on the bash like we were supposed to do from the start. I couldn't do that when I knew that my enemy was standing about three feet away from me in our formation. Plotting behind my back.