Chapter Forty

"No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do. To make you feel my love..."

Song: Make You Feel My Love

Artist: Adele

New Update ( :

Enjoy!

CHAPTER FORTY:

Colton:

Useless. Useless is the word I would use to describe myself in this point in time now. Complete and utter uselessness because my girlfriend was just assaulted by the boy who I thought was my "best friend" and I wasn't even there to stop it.

Only there to witness the aftermath. I remember it perfectly since it only occurred just a few hours ago. I heard that Adrian had a fallout with Brooke during their practice time and right after practice she huffed and stomped her way towards her dorm building. I bet she looked so cute angry too. Now's not the time for that Colton.

Exactly right. Moving on now. Anyways, I decided to go see what the whole problem was about. Even though I already had an inkling that I knew exactly who was the hottest topic. Me. And I hated the fact that Adrian had to ward off pathetic, desperate girls that wouldn't get a clue that I am completely in love with Adrian; they should understand it.

Josh decided to tag-a-long with me since dinner wasn't going to be served for another hour and a half, hungry ass. I was thinking it would be hard for Adrian to talk when Josh was just a random doing whatever around the room but we were already approaching her and Serena's dorm room. To a complete screaming match.

That's when I heard the sound of something or someone falling, wood groaning, then a thud to the floor that didn't sound so light. Nothing stopped me from going in there after listening to that. And when I did step foot into the tense dorm room .... it was as if all of my vision was red for murder.

Adrian was on the ground, and Brayden was standing before her as if he had no care in the world. He done it. My best friend put his hands on my girlfriend and shoved her down. Without even thinking of any consequences for my actions I pulled back my fist and nailed Brayden straight in the jaw --- throwing him to Josh so he could handle the rest.

I wasn't sure what Josh did to Brayden or if he did anything to him at all; but at that moment in time I didn't give the slightest damn. Just as long as he wasn't anywhere near me where I would strangle him with my bare hands.

Adrian looked to be going in and out of consciousness, scaring me to death. I knew that her injury wasn't that serious to cause much harm to her but what did I know? Last time I checked I had no medical license to make that sort of inquiry.

That's why we are in this situation now.

Sitting in the campus medical center, as to where I was grilling Adrian's so called "best friend" Serena. Now I had known that they had been like sisters since literally preschool but for her to confess to me that she did something that would be so shamed upon by Adrian had me in knots.

Adrian was already getting treated for a concussion. Now Serena is going to tell her something god-awful that will probably have her crumbling. Especially when Serena shows no emotion because she isn't the "least bit sorry for doing it." Why is everything turning out to be this way?

I tend to ask these why questions a lot because I tend to not have the answers for them. This is the bash. We're supposed to be 100% focused. But that won't happen because people decided to bring along their baggage. Their unwanted baggage.