Chapter Fifteen

Challenge completed ( :

I love you guys!

Happy Readingsssss!! ( :

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

Adrian:

I'm pretty much sure that right now I'm in a haze. No, I'm pretty much certain that I'm in a dream.

What is going on? 

Colton and I are waving goodbye to our parents that are all piled in a car together and watching them pull out of my driveway. My mom booked them to go to a jazz festival two states over for the whole weekend. Much to my annoyance. Actually very much to my annoyance because they picked Colton to watch over me and make sure that I'm 'safe.'

Yeah, right...

As we watch them drive away I sigh to myself like a helpless child and slouch into my walk back towards my front door, making sure I don't trip over my feet. It's Saturday today, and that means I can be lazy and not worry about anything. But then I remembered Colton was in step behind me.

Ugh, great Adrian. I had embarrassed him in front of the sports teams yesterday, teased him, but yet nothing was awkward...I think.

I don't have any actual feeling towards Colton... I think, I pray.

After my sleepwalking entrance, I make a beeline toward the biggest living room couch and plop down. Colton followed my actions quietly and surprisingly silent. Maybe I did make things awkward by acting like I was going to kiss him yesterday. He acted like he was anticipating it by leaning in closer toward me but maybe I'm just another pawn in his game; just another girl he wants to screw and then never think of again.

But I'll never stoop to that level, I'm too smart for that.

Colton sighs. I look over at him, and his face looks so morning-time flawless. How can someone just wake up gorgeous at 10 o'clock in the morning? I bet I looked like a girl that just wrestled her hair dryer, and the hair dryer won.

Okay, Adrian, you don't look that bad.

Yeah? Says who? The voice in my head---your conscience is supposed to make you feel better---most of the time. I pull the blanket on top of the couch over me and situate myself into the plush, soft cushions of the of the couch. A few more hours of sleep won't hurt anybody right? It will prevent me from being any type of bitch towards Colton later on today. Turning my head, I gave one final look at Colton, who was busy texting away on his phone and then I twisted my head back around to go to sleep.

~

Music.

When I wake up to the afternoon sun that's all I hear blaring music. Something else is also off too... I didn't fall asleep in my bed. Either Colton must've carried me upstairs without my conscience knowledge or I'm a sleepwalker with perfect direction.

SPLASH!

No, that sounds like somebody in my pool, and they must be having a good time because I can hear the laughter coming from girls and deep guy's voices. The comforter that was wrapped around my body is untangled in an instant and my feet meet the wooden flooring of my bedroom, making me shudder from the frothy chill. I hope Colton isn't doing what I think he's doing.

"It's your house Adrian." I mutter to myself, and thankfully no one is upstairs to call me crazy.

I mean, instead of talking to myself I need to talk to Colton. If he wants to throw a party then he can have one in his house. His is no different except the deed belongs to his family! This is my house! So I'm going to talk to him... Now! My sudden burst of confidence is shut down when I pass my mirror and look at my appearance.

Maybe I should shower and change out of my frumpy boy shorts and oversized tee shirt first? That's a start. It took me fifteen extra minutes to shower and change into the comfort of some leggings, and a pink tee shirt until I stalked through my house and made it to the backdoor.

A pool party.

With whorish girls that look like they had boob implants installed and guys that were interested in those type of girls. It physically made me want to gag but nothing would come up because I'm still running on an empty stomach.

I find Colton by the edge of the pool, busy flirting with some redheaded girl and something inside me starts to bubble up.

My body feels enlightened and my blood starts to boil vigorously. I don't like this feeling at all right now. Jealousy? There was no way this girl is making me jealous right now. She looks too  innocent for her own good but I guess those are the type of girl's that Colton likes to screw up.

That's mainly the only reason that she was invited here. Just for Colton's entertainment because she looks like an easy enough target to get into bed.

I watch from the corner of the back door, standing to the side so I wouldn't be labeled as a creep from the sluts and watch on. The redhead felt on Colton's buff bicep, and he just simply smirks. She says something else to him and he just shakes his head a bit. Now this is where it hit home. The redhead  -being bold like the color of her hair- leans down to give Colton a small kiss right underneath the bottom of his earlobe.

No, no way. How am I feeling this way? I simply made myself clear that I didn't like Colton what-so-ever and I swear that I believed it and I pledged on it because it would only lead me to trouble if I were to pursue my feelings.

It's not like I'm a shy nerd roaming the hallways of North Lakeview, wishing to never be seen. I am known because of dance but I steer clear of Colton's crowd because I didn't want to become an egotistical brat like him and all the people in the backyard. Which is only about twenty-five but that was enough for me to get pissed off.

The redhead whispers slowly in Colton's ear and strokes the back of his hair softly in her claws while my heart rate goes out of the door and runs down the interstate. I'm trying to deny it so bad because I just can't like a guy like him.

But watching him get mind raped by that devil out there in my backyard, in my pool only makes my head go even crazier.

It's like a prank that he isn't knowingly pulling on me. The prank war is over and now everything is going back to normal. Or at least I think it is...

Maybe I should just leave--- go to Serena's and wait until the party is cleared out so I can come home and figure myself out. I watch Colton and the girl flirt around one last time before turning on my heels, grabbing my car keys off the hook by the door and driving to Serena's house.

Colton Knight is driving me out of my house and I'm allowing him too, and that's why I hate him.

When I reached Serena's house a few minutes later I run up to her door and knock until I'm greeted by Serena; who looks like she's just been having a lazy day herself. She's dressed in her Saturday Cartoon Jammies and her hair was a disarray. I have to admit that even though Serena looks a mess she's absolutely gorgeous.

"What's wrong?" Serena asks me while we took our seats quietly in the living room. Fairy OddParents is playing on TV right now and it happened to somewhat be a comforting noise. "What happened?"

Colton Jerkface is what happened.

"Nothing," I chuckle, "It's nothing I promise you and if it was I would tell you."

She smiles as soon as I said that line and pulls me into her shoulder. She always knows how to make me feel better.

"I know," Serena whispers in my hair, placing her cheek on top of my head. "You don't even have to say anything."

I don't even want to think about him anymore but he just always seems to find his way into my mind. I sigh, and take my phone out of my pocket and pull up Colton's contact in my phone that he secretly installed into it.

Along with his screen name that fit his personality to a T.

To: Mr. Sex-God, Lakeview Hottie
"I hate you. If all of those people aren't gone by the time I get back home... it's your ass."

I press the send button, and drift off into my own little world where Colton and that redhead don't exist and my emotions don't exist and life isn't confusing like how it is now.

And I'm not at a crossroads with myself whether I want to admit it or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's like a triple update? I don't know. I was just in the mood to update again and I know you all love my super quick updates anyways! Don't deny. I actually liked writing this chapter because now Adrian is like Colton....lost....

Shoutout to those people who have been lost because of someone they liked or like currently. Either you're crushing on some you absolutely can't stand and try to shake it off the best way you possibly can but your heart and mind just won't let you live it down. I've been there.....

Challenge: 40 comments and over 55 votes? I believe in you guys like always ( :

Love all <3

xxx

P.S. Comment what you would like to have happen/hope to happen next and further into the book please ( :