Chapter Forty-One

"One, twenty-one guns..."

Song: 21 Guns

Artist: GreenDay

How are you all on this fine day?

Good Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:

Adrian:

My world is collapsing. Slowly but surely. Everything may still seem to be spinning on the axis but the rotation were anything but perfect. I couldn't believe it. My best friend. The one who I shared my lunch with when she would forget hers in middle school. The best friend that I would have sleepovers with practically every weekend since birth was no longer a friend of mine. Instead, she turned out to be a backstabbing bitch.

When I went into the clinic room, I had woken up shortly after being admitted. I was enclosed in the off white room that reeked of antibiotics and cleaning supply inhalants. Trying to convince myself that I was really in the clinic and I wasn't just high. Now, I wish that I was just high instead.

It all clicked back into my throbbing head after the doctor sent me out. Telling me that I only needed an ice pack to bring the swelling of the bump in the back of my head down. Of course my first question was if I was going to be able to compete in dance portion of the bash on Friday. And she said, as long as it doesn't feel like I'm going to pass out with every step that I take.

That means walk slow Adrianna because you need to be able to compete.

And that's what I did. But I stopped walking when I heard Serena going on and on about something. It was how she had cheated on Liam with Brayden at the party. I was confused though. In order for her to cheat on Liam then she had to be dating him in the first place. And best friends don't date other best friend exes. That's just girl code.

But then Scott spoke up saying how she had to tell me about everything she had done. Listen up people, Adrianna Leslie Pike is nowhere near stupid. Yeah I may be on the ditzy side sometimes but I'm not a dummy. Meaning, it was easy to put the puzzle pieces together.

Finding out how Serena betrayed me by being the other girl. She was the girl I had overheard on the phone when Liam had accidentally called me. I'm starting to think it wasn't even an accident anymore. Maybe that was what those two wanted. A way for me to be out of the picture.

That's not the worst part about it though. Serena. She's is --- was my best friend. I swear I considered her to be a sister to me. I've been backstabbed, burnt, betrayed beyond belief. Am I broken? No. Liam is an ex for a reason. Why waste tears over that old relationship? It's been over and done with for a while now. I refuse to be one of those girls that relive ghosts past.

At the moment, this time, present day ---- I couldn't even deal with the emotions. Overwhelmed by completely everything. It's like God is just stacking up my plate of problems by the dozen. The weight had been okay to carry for a few weeks but as time went on and problems grew so did my plate. Eventually, it was going to all come crashing down one of these days. I should've known from the start though.

Soon enough all problems will come seeping back into the light. You can't just dust them under a rug like I did and then one day when you decide to do some spring cleaning just lift the rug back up and deal with them then. Some problems should've been fixed from the start. I shouldn’t have put them off. That was my mistake.

Jeez. I seem to be making a lot of those lately. Mistakes. I mean.

I just want to run away and escape it all. All of the pain. The heartache. I don't want Colton to know that I'm feeling a slight heartache. And I'm sorry for lying to you all like I had just done. When I said that I wasn't going to cry about Serena and Liam? I lied. My plan was to run off somewhere so I could blubber like a baby in peace; not being disturbed.