Chapter Forty-Four

"Jealousy in the air tonight I can tell. I will never understand that but oh well..."

Song: The Language

Artist: Drake

My dad left my candy in his car. He isn't home right now and I need my sour skittles. *shoulders drop*

Good Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR:

Colton:

Do you know why I love football so much? You probably wouldn't care even if I told you but I'm going to tell you anyways because I'm the one talking. I love football because it strengthens me. Does that even make sense? Knowing that our team is strong enough to crush South Lakeview tomorrow had my adrenaline pumping.

We're undefeated for a reason. Unlike those South pansies that need to be taking ballet rather then playing football with us.

You're acting like this for one reason only and you know it. Yeah, I know it. It's because of Liam Pyles. Adrianna's ex-boyfriend that is determined to have her back. Doesn't he realize that their relationship has been over and done with for the longest time?

I'd be damned if I let him get her again. Especially, since she is with me. I'm in love with her. She's the first girl I've actually been in love with. My only true girlfriend. Trust me when I say that many girls wanted that title for the longest. None of them deserved it though.

Adrian is the only one that deserves everything from me. She's the only girl that I'm willing to die for. Now I sound like a pansy. I guess that's just what being in love does to you. Lord knows that I'm not ashamed of that.

"South Lakeview at your 10 o'clock," Scott whispered to me. We were on a small break from practicing for about four hours straight. Coach was working us to the grid. I guess it was South Lakeview's time to have the field now.

I looked to the right of me and didn't see anyone dressed in blue. That's when I heard a smack being served to the back of Scott's neck.

"Dude, that's not 10 o'clock position," Josh exclaimed, "They are clearly approaching at his 3 o'clock. Gosh, don't put me in a battlefield with you."

"Shove it." Scott grumbled under his breath. When were these two never bickering back and forth with one another? When I turned my head to look in the correct direction I saw South Lakeview's football team walking down the pathway that led to the football field.

Each one of them shot our team a smug look while they turned to walk through the entrance of the field but not one dared to speak a word. To think of all the vicious things we would say to them if it came down to using words.

If just seeing them didn't make my day brighter (Note the Sarcasm), I was presented with Liam's presence. The cocky one that had the confidence, unlike his other teammates, to walk over to the guys and I with a look of power.

Not to rain on your parade....King. "What's the matter, Knight? Fearing your soon to be demise?" He asked with laughter. If only he realized that he was practically laughing at himself. Even though I was still worked up from what Brayden told us over breakfast this morning I refused to do anything that would possibly jeopardize my chances of playing tomorrow. I had to keep my team in check; also myself.

"Okay," I said, in the most bored tone possible. "That all?" We all knew that Liam was just getting started.

Liam shrugged his shoulders. "I took a peek in the dancers auditorium ---" That gained my full attention. Why? Adrian is a dancer. That's why. "---Adrian is amazing. How you managed to get her to fall in love with you beats me."