Chapter Twenty

You all are so amazeballs!

New Update ( :

Good Readings Young Wise Ones <3

CHAPTER TWENTY:

Adrian:

        "I'm walking on sunshine whoaaaaa," Serena and Scott sing at the top of their lungs as soon as we step onto the school grounds. "And don't it feel good!" My face is covered by my hands to hide my embarrassment of the two since I'm sure people are staring at us like we are creepy. Or staring at them like they are creepy and since I'm walking along with them, I'm being stared at too.

Thanks, you guys.

        "Scott stop!" Serena squeals. "Trees are for monkeys, not boys like you!" Serena and I watch Scott shake off his backpack and walk up to one of the many trees in front of our school and start to climb it. This is odd for him. To just randomly decide to climb a tree before school. What the hell is up with life right now? "Don't fall!"

Scott snorts and lifts his leg to another branch.

        "I shall not fall!" He announces and clings to another tree branch limb just as Colton, Brayden and Josh walk up to us to take in Scott climbing a tree. "Hey guys!" Scott waves at us from the tree. We wave back while Serena pulls out her phone to Instagram a picture of him.

        "I want to climb the tree!" Josh cheers and skips up to the tree. He jumps up to cling onto the bottom branch, dangling like a child on monkey bars, only to go tumbling down to the ground on his back. He yelps in pain while we just bust out laughing.

I feel my eyes water from laughing so hard and even have to lean on Brayden for support. Everyone clutches their sides in pain from the laughter, even Scott but he has to focus on staying up in the tree first but he still manages to laugh just as hard as us.

        "Shut the hell up you all." Josh grumbles and crawls up against the base of the tree to lean his back up against it. "My rump hurts! Adrian, come massage it better!" Josh sends me a wink which abruptly stops my laughter. And Colton's too.

I almost forgot all about our kissing moment yesterday. Surprisingly, things aren't the least bit of awkward between us. Well we've only been around each other for five minutes.

        "Never happening!" I snap back. He gives his shoulders a shrug just as Scott jumps out of the tree and Josh gives him a jealous glare.

        "Now that's a landing! Take notes, Joshy." He flips me off but I just decide to ignore it and walk into school with Serena. Leaving Colton and Brayden with the monkey and the monkey reject.

~

        "We have a week and a half until the Sports Bash," Serena reminds me while we stand by our lockers after second period. I switch my books out for my next class' and Serena just talks about whatever pops into her head. "I'm actually excited."

Yeah, excited is the word I would use too. Note the sarcasm. I'm nowhere near excited for the bash. Mainly because tension is high this year and I just don't want the stress to overcome me. I just needed to be focused on dance and that's it. Nothing else deserves to be worried about when the time comes.

        "South Lakeview will have nothing on us this year," Serena smiles.

Don't hold your breath.

        "We don't know that for sure Serena," I snap. Serena jerks a bit at my response and just as I'm about to apologize a very familiar snarling voice comes up from behind me, calling out my name. "Please God." I silently pray, hoping it won't be who I think it'll be.