Chapter Nineteen

Howdy, You All!

New Update Duh!

Happy Readings <3 ( :

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

Adrian:

        "So, you had a nice time?" I ask my parents again just to start up more conversation so they won't suspect anything to be the slightest beat off with me. Even though I'm trying to convince myself a bit more. Ever since mine and Colton's kiss, I haven't moved out of the kitchen. My feet planted into the tiles of our kitchen floor. I finally moved two hours later when my parents walked into the house from their getaway for the weekend.

They didn't even pay attention to the fact that the house was deadly silent and I was just in the kitchen, being weird. Just sitting there. All by my lonesome.

        "We had a great time," My mom answers me with a calming smile on her face. My dad pulls her into his arms and gave her a soft peck on the lips she smiles with satisfaction and pecks his lips for a second time before excusing herself to go upstairs and unpack, leaving dad and I alone in the kitchen.

My dad looks through the mail that built up through the weekend, when I remember the phone message that was left for him earlier today.

After my make out session with Colton...

        "A message was sent for you earlier," I say. My dad looks up a me and gestures his hand for me to continue on. "A lady... she said she's one of your best friends and wants you to call her back." With a grim expression crosses his face, he quickly puts the mail down. "I-Is everything alright?"

My dad quickly nods his head, grabbing the telephone off of the receiver and makes his way out of the kitchen. He turns around to look at me. Completely aware that his bullshit response isn't going to fly with me and I would only eavesdrop.

        "Everything's fine, Adrian," He reassures me with a smile, "I promise you. There's nothing to worry about." He blew me a kiss and escaped out of the kitchen while pressing numbers into the phone. Normally I would follow something suspicious going on so I could get some answers but for some reason I would rather sit here and think about Colton some more.

I have nothing to worry about anyways. Just like my dad told me, and if he's telling me to not stress about something then I'm not going to stress about it. But that doesn't mean it's completely out of my head. No, it's not, but I'll temporarily put it on the back burner for right now. So I can think about more important things.

Like Colton and the fact that he confessed that he liked me...

~

        "Ah, uh nope! I know your dirty tricks!" Serena waved a finger in my face and pulled the plate full of chocolate chip cookies out of my reach. We just returned home from school and my mom had welcomed us with a plate full of warm cookies but Serena was to greedy to freaking share. "Thieves get stitches!"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I continue to look at Serena, who is ever so munching on a cookie with confidence on her face.

I don't think that she knows that she messed the quote all the way up.

        "Snitches get stitches." I mutter amidst the silence of the living room. The TV isn't on at all and the only audible sound was my Mom humming as she prepares dinner for us. My house after school is the basic cookie cutter home right now but only because Mom has the day off.

Serena rolls her eyes at me and bites into a new cookie. A cookie that looks so mouth-watering and delicious, I could fucking cry.

        "That too." Whatever. There was really no reasoning with Serena once something is put into her brain.