Chapter Fifty-Five

"When I wake up I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place..."

Song: Afraid

Artist: The Neighbourhood

Sex. I haven't had sex before but just know sex. That's all I'm saying. Goodbye!

Good Reading!

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:

Colton:

"She's actually mad at me because I don't want to live with him." Adrian ranted on as we sat on her bed after coming home from school. I wanted to be able to claim that I was the type of boyfriend that would listen to all of his girlfriend's problems but my brain doesn't have the willpower to retain anymore information. I'm not Albert Einstein, you know! "Can you believe that?!" I opened my mouth to answer but to much avail I wasn't able to speak. I don't think she asked that completely rhetorically. "She's crazy, Knight. Sophia is just completely crazy!"

I sighed, turning my head in her direction. How in the world could she possibly be writing down a math problem and going off at the same damn time? And no. I wasn't referring that statement to the rap song. "Okay, she's crazy." I said. "Much like how you're going crazy now. You're both dropped from the same seed. Your father is crazy too and now I see where you get it."

Her gripped tightened on her pencil as soon as I said what I had to say. Well, not much of what I had to say but just a summary of what I was meaning because if I continued on then I'm pretty positive that I would've been interrupted. The outside of her knuckles began to whiten and her facial expression was deadly. Shit ... if looks could kill then I would be a dead fucking man.

"What did you just say?" She asked me coldly. A small chill ran up my spine but it wasn't because of fear. It was because I was scared of not saying the right thing. She's my girlfriend and I never wanted to say anything stupid. There's a difference between saying something stupid whilst being stupid and saying something stupid whilst being serious. I believe I was being serious.

I raised my body up to turn myself fully to look her in the eyes. "I said your father is crazy and that must be who the two of you get it from." Flames. I see flames in her eyes now. Not literally because that would've meant that she hoarded some kind of magical power that actually allowed flames to enter her eyes but she doesn't. I would've known if I were dating a mythical creature or not. "What's wrong?" Jeez, stupid question.

"You called him my father, Colton." He is her father, isn't he? I hope so because the last thing we need is another daddy-claiming man to be thrown into the picture. I kept my face blank not quite understanding her problem. "He's not my father. Matthew isn't my father. He will never be my father. I hate him and I hate everything about him. I know hate is a strong word but I'm using it because I truly mean it."

I placed both of my hands on her shoulders and shook them slightly. "Don't be so evil, Princess. I know that he's just causing trouble but Matthew is your father and sadly, whether you like it or not, he's going to stay your father until blood proves different." She shifted her gaze downward to look at her math homework. Not bothering to look at me anymore and that only made me go more crazy on the inside.

"Okay," I began, "no more homework." My hands clenched around her math binder and I tossed it on the floor beside her bed. She began to protest with numerous curse words but I didn't bother listening to any of them. Instead, I cut them off by placing my lips onto hers. She tried to pull away from me but with both my hands on her face she wasn't going anywhere. I didn't want her to go anywhere, anyways. "What time does your mom come home?" I mumbled against her lips.