Chapter Two

Holla! Holla! Holla!

Next Chapter :D !!

Good Readingssss!

CHAPTER TWO:

Adrian:

My first period on Monday was World History with Mr. Boggs. He was a short, frumpy teacher that became super sensitive after his wife left him for some Swedish male model. It was the talk of the school at the end of last year. Teachers just don't know how to keep gossip hushed here in North Lakeview.

In a way I felt bad for the guy. I'm pretty sure he was the pretty hot back in the day but then heredity shit caught up with him and caused him to get a shiny bald spot on the top of his head. Then, due to the stress of balding he ate to fill the void. Earning him a nice gut underneath his mustard yellow and red plaid shirt. What was he thinking when he put that shirt on this morning? It was actually making me hungry.

"Ms. Pike!" I jumped in my seat to find the class looking right at me. Why are they all staring at me?! I'm not that bad looking! Of course I had some insecurities about myself but that didn't give them the right to just stare just because I got called out in class. At least be inconspicuous about the stari--

"Ms. Pike!" Mr. Boggs screeched much louder causing the flab under his chin to vibrate. I quickly bit down on my bottom lip to hold in my laughter. The resemblance of Mr. Boggs and a frog was to uncanny! "I don't like it when students don't take my class seriously."

Oh yeah!  I wasn't paying attention in class. Like always. He was just talking about a war about whatever this class period. There were so many wars in history I just can't keep up anymore.

"Ms. Pike, would you like to tell me who fought in the Civil War?" Mr. Boggs asked me. If only I could just wipe the smirk off of his face right now. Now I was going to embarrass myself because I didn't know the answer. "We're waiting ..." And I don't give a damn.

Why was there even wars today anyways? Don't pageant girls demand world peace around the world all the time? But I know they're lying during their interviews. Just wanting to flaunt that corny looking crown on their perfect little heads.

I stammered, "Um.... was it between... the um," trying to scramble for an answer, "The uh...-" Just take a freaking wild guess! "the ... civil people and the un .... civilized?" The class laughed and Mr. Boggs wore a mixture of irritation and anger on his face. "Was that wrong?"

No. Everything you just said about the war was right on the money! Of course it was wrong.

"Pay attention Adrianna!" Mr. Boggs ordered. I could tell he was serious because he was poking his hand with his dry erase marker. The last time he did that he switched Sneeze-A-Lot Jeremy out of this class because he sneezed .... a lot! Mr. Boggs always had to stop in the middle of his PowerPoint so Jeremy could get it all out. Even though it was amusing to us we have to remember Mr. Boggs no longer contains a funny bone in his body. Not since his wife left him. "Actually why don't you go take a walk to organize your thoughts and then come back."

He was allowing me to leave? Possibly knowing that I'm not going to come back! How awesome and thrilling! Mr. Boggs giving out hallway passes is rare, meaning right now I'm truly blessed. He scribbled on the red hallway pass and handed it to me. Then ushered me to the door quickly before closing it in my face.

"Pushy idiot," I muttered. Well, now what do I do? Serena and Scott were taking their weekly Biology test so I couldn't bother them. I had other friends in this school too, but we weren't close enough to be skipping buddies together. I guess I'll just walk... . Randomly. Anywhere.

So there I was, passing by the red locker lined hallways, leisurely strolling along with no care in the world. Thanks to this awesome red hall pass! I passed the sophomore math section. It was eerily silent. It was actually kind of creepy, walking through the school like this. I was so used to the crazy noise of all the cliques cramming through the halls socializing.

The silence lasted for a good minute until I was unexpectedly pushed out of the way by a crying girl that must've came from the syphilis-infested janitor's closet. Janitor's closet? Crying girl? That could only be the work of one person in particular.

Colton Knight.

There he was before me. Fixing up the collar of his white polo shirt so he can look like he was the sweet, perfect guy of North Lakeview. He easily charmed all the teachers but I could see right through his façade like he was built of glass. Yeah he was sexy, but his personality and ego is what wrecked God's art of a beautiful face and body.

"Are you just going to lay there on the floor or..." Colton trailed off. That's one thing he was not : a gentlemen. The least he could've done was offer a hand. Actually I don't know where his hands have been so I'm fine with getting myself up and so I did.

I came face to almost chin with Colton and he looked down at me with his trademark smirk.

"How come I've never seen you around, Princess," He asked, casually. Princess! I wonder how many times he used that nickname on a girl.

"I try to stay out of the mating calls of asses like you," I snorted out and tried to sidestep my way around him but was just blocked by his very well built body. "Problem?" My eyes trailed up to meet his soft brown ones. They were pretty mesmerizing but I didn't want to get caught gazing. I will not be like those pathetic girls in this school.

"You don't like me?" Does Colton's face actually look hurt? I'm clearly high off the cleaning product fumes seeping out from the janitor's closet. My mind must be hazy but I can't tell because I'm high! "Why don't you like me?"

Really? A rocket scientist that's never even met this boy could sit him down and tell him why they don't like him. It's not that hard to understand! He's just too caught up in his games to notice anything.

"Clearly because of the encounter that just happened a few seconds ago!" I snapped, pushing a wavy curl out of my face. Colton rolled his eyes and leaned up against the closed janitor's closet door.