Chapter Forty-Three

"I'm never gonna dance again. Guilty feet have got no rhythm..."

Song: Careless Whispers

Artist: George Michaels

Surprise Update! Now go eat a pie.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE:

Colton:

"Do I seriously have to pull you out of the bed?" I asked Adrian with added humor. Now I knew that everyone had their mornings where they would start off slow but I never knew that Adrian would be a complete bed-hogging monster. She was clenching onto the pillows with all her might, surprisingly. How does one acquire immense strength at eight in the morning? "Adrian, get up!"

"How about you shut up?" She grumbled into the pillow. Ugh. The monster she is. If only Scott was here to assist me. He told me that Adrian was going to be a "problem" in the morning but I didn't listen to him, of course. At least he was smart enough ditch out early. "Do you love me?"

Was she serious? "Of course I do. Why does that matter?"

"Because if you love me then you would be kind enough to let me just stay in bed all day to die." Now I had a small feeling that she didn't want to stay in bed just for the sake of getting sleep. Her attitude was much more then this. "Is the silence a good thing?"

I walked over to my side of the bed, lifted up the covers to crawl back under them while Adrian turned her body to the side to face me. Leaving me in complete awe.

Even when she just woke up, gosh, she is still gorgeous. Her hair was tangled in the fits of its straightened mess but it didn't look the slightest bit disgusting. More like a fury of brown locks. That's because they were. Her brown eyes were chocolate perfection too. Most people would call brown eyes boring. Adrian's weren't. Everything on her was perfect.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Adrian asked me, tilting her head a bit to the side like a helpless puppy that didn't understand. I honestly believed that she would catch on. "Dude, I know I just woke up and all but damn. Catch a break. I'm horrendous, no need to go all silent mouse on me."

There she is. Little stubborn Adrianna Leslie Pike in all her glory. "I'm looking at you.....," I trailed off to bring her body closer to mine. Our legs entangling with each others like they are vines that don't know what in the hell they're doing. "....because you're amazing and all you had to do was wake up and lay in bed to prove it. So be flattered."

"Oh, I am, thank you." She smiled her award winning smile. I leaned forward to press a small kiss to her forehead and then pulled away from her. "I don't even want to deal with the day today."

"Why not?" I question.

Instead of answering me, she closes her eyes, as if she was trying to block everything out. "How can I still dance knowing that someone who I thought was my best friend is going to be right beside me acting as if nothing happened? On top of that, I have Megan who's just determined to have you. I'm dealing with a goddamn concussion, and everything isn't just turning out how I planned it to be." Hearing her worry like this makes me want to just drop everything and leave the bash altogether. Not having to deal with any of this shit anymore. That's what a good boyfriend would do to make his girlfriend happy again, right?

"Don't worry about me though, please. Focus on practice today and then the game tomorrow." What kind of boyfriend would I be if I followed the crap that she just said. "Colton...."

"I'm not going to let you just sit there to fucking suffer, Adrianna. You're crazy if you think I'm just going to let you worry yourself like this." She bit down on her lip hard while I continued on ranting. "Don't worry about Megan. She's nothing but a whore."