Chapter Thirty-Three

"Three little birds sat on my window and they told me I don't need to worry. Summer came like cinnamon, sooo sweet, little girls double dutch on the concrete..."

Song: Put Your Records On

Artist: Corrine Bailey Rae

Ah, so new update! Ya, ya, ya!

Good Readings!!!

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:

Adrian:

I didn't even get a chance to sleep, because of my annoying phone constantly ringing. I didn't check it at all. But I just assumed that since I missed the bus to the bash the calls would be from Brooke, Serena and/or Colton.

How am I supposed to try and cry myself to sleep when they won't let me?

At a time like this, I wish I didn't have such caring friends. Instead of having the friends that would help you off the ground when you fell from the monkey bars in elementary school, I wished I had the ones that were the reason that I had scraped my knees in the first place. It's bad that I was thinking so negatively like this but from what I found out, who wouldn't?

As I laid in my bed just staring at the dull white ceiling of my bedroom, all I could do was think. My mom had ended up cheating on my dad, and I wasn't his daughter. After all these years and I had to find out about it because Ms. Kinner picked the time to do a blood test project.

I'm secretly praising Ms. Kinner. Why? Because she helped my parents come to head with their shit. The shit that I doubt they were even planning on telling me like they had said they was going too.

It was like I barely even knew who my parents were now. I was living in this house with strangers. A biological stranger and just a man that decided to make him a stranger by himself. All I wanted was answers. Answers from my mom as to why she cheated on my dad in the first place.

By the way my dad described it, I felt like I was nothing but an insignificant mistake. Like I was a burden to them or most likely my dad. He didn't want me in the first place. My dad just wanted to make my mom feel better about herself. Like she wasn't some whore that got impregnated from an infidelity.

If he wasn't trying to make herself feel like that then, he wasn't doing much justice for how he brought it out now.

Our foundation was crumbling. The foundation that we had built to be a structured, well-oiled machine family. Like how we baked cookies every Christmas Eve and would somehow end up in a food fight with the batter. Or maybe how my dad and I would sit down almost every Sunday to enjoy a riveting game of Sunday Night Football. That's when my mom would try to stay in tune with the Sunday Night Football theme and my dad and I would rate her performance every time.

She wasn't a great high note hitter and her moves were all over the place. Earning herself a three from me and a five from my dad. Only because he would say that she looked good making moves in her jeans. That was my cue to hack a fake gagging sound.

The tears welled up in my eyes just thinking about the good times we had as a family. And realizing how after one night, one Biology project; our family was never going to be the same again. Life, itself, was never going to be the same again.

Funny how one mistake could change everything. Literally. How am I even going to go on? I didn't want everyone in Lakeview to know about this. My parents were pretty well known around the area. If this got out it would just be miserable.

Life is already miserable. But it would be even more miserable.

Stuck in a garbage truck with fresh garbage miserable.