Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Gold teeth, grey goose, tripping in the bathroom, blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel rooms, we don't care, we're driving Cadillac's in our dreams..."

Song: Royals

Artist: Lorde

Not much to say here but I hope you enjoy the new update ( :

Happy Readings!

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:

Adrian:

"Brooke can I talk to you please," I spoke out as soon as I walked through the double doors and into the auditorium. Lunch was over about ten minutes ago and now everyone was back to practicing. But my mind has been in the gutter ever since I saw The Slut, who is also named Megan, shaking hands with our rivals.

Brooke was busy plumping her lip with lip gloss in the mirrors that we were able to watch ourselves dance in when I walked up beside her. The rest of the girls on the team was stretching amongst their groups like they did before every practice.

Serena was missing in action though. I had seen her at lunch but she didn't stay. She only grabbed a ham sandwich and left out of the cafeteria. I knew something was up with her. That's just another problem that I need to add to my 'List of Problems.' The name is original, I know.

"You're already talking so you mines well finish." Brooke sighed, putting finishing touches to her appearance with her signature hair pump-up, and then turned to face me with a bit of an I-Don't-Feel-Like-Listening-To-Whatever-You-Say attitude. Well Brooke, I don't feel like saying what I have to say but in order for our team to be A-Okay, it has to be said.

Stupid drama. Can't everyone just have an ice cream and shut the hell up?!

"Are you going to talk because there's a dance team that needs to be practicing in about two minutes," Brooke snapped out. Jeez, who put corn chips in her Lucky Charms this morning? I'm sure I would be upset if someone did that to me but I would have to actually like Lucky Charms before I even get angry.

I ran a hand through my ponytail before stating what I had to say. "I saw Megan shaking hands with the captain of South Lakeview dancers and then walk off like they were best friends and I know that she basically conned her way onto the team but Brooke," I spoke gravely now. "I. Think. We. Have. A. Problem."

Just when Brooke was about to speak whatever reasoning that was bond to come out of her mouth we were interrupted by none other then the traitor herself. Megan. Of course she interrupted us when I really needed to talk to Brooke the most. That's one reason why Megan is such a bitch.

"What's going on over here Brooke," Megan asked in her fake angelic voice. That voice was the voice that now made my hands clench in fist, and steam come out of my ears. I probably looked like one of those old-time cartoon characters that just stepped on a tack and now had a blistering red toe. I think that was in an episode of Tom and Jerry. "Adrian you probably wanna calm down. That look may not be pleasing to Colton."

"Don't tell me what to do slut." Megan flinched at my venomous voice. Man. Who knew that I could possibly sound so evil. I guess it was possible when it was really, really necessary. "Instead, how about you tell us why you were shaking hands with the captain of the South Lakeview dancers."

When I spoke these words I thought that Megan would instantly fall down onto her knees groveling for Brooke to forgive and how she meant no harm with whatever treason she committed but she didn't. Megan didn't do anything but stand like she owned the place. Infuriating me even more. Her smirk wasn't even I'm-Sorry worthy.

"That's a pretty harsh accusation don't you think Adrianna?" Megan asked. I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to the punch. "I'm on this team because I love to dance. Isn't that enough? I know you're probably insecure with yourself because you think I'm out to get your boyfriend but he's the least of my worries." Oh bullshit.

"I know what I saw Megan," I retorted through gritted teeth, contemplating if I should punch her or not. "You're a lying, two-faced bitch. I'm not worried about Colton and you. He wants nothing to do with you and he never did. But that's a whole other conversation."

"Right now, I need to be worried about the dance team and the bash. And I can't do that when I see people like you that doesn't even care about the team or better yet even spelled the word team shaking hands with our rivals." I ranted on. Megan was not going to get the last word. I refused about this one.

"Brooke," Megan gulped, putting on her best innocent façade. A girl who's legs are open every evening to new guys isn't the least bit of innocent. "You have to believe me when I say that I'm not tampering with the team. I would never do something like that. I love the team."

Bullshit! "No, you love yourself Megan. So don't you dare call me a liar. I'm not a liar. If anything weird comes about with the other team that we should be worried about I will take no time to quickly blame you for it and that's when you should be worried. Dancing is my life, and it shows with the amount of competitions we win." Not to brag but I am the best dancer with Serena as a close second. Brooke is just captain due to her seniority status.

"So if anything --- and I do mean anything come up ...." Megan's eyes were now holding fear in them and that's when I knew that I had her right where I wanted her to be. A little bitch. "I will personally find you and kick your ass myself. Not thinking about the consequences for a second because sluts like you don't deserve respect. Especially when you can't give it yourself."

Megan looked like she was glass that could fall down and break any second now due to her scared appearance but I didn't give a damn. I didn't give a damn about a lot of things anymore. Megan just so happened to be one of them.

Now that handling that was over for the time being I had another fish to fry. Talking to my best friend. If she was even still my best friend.

Serena. I needed to get all the shit out of Serena.

~

Colton:

"Just don't worry about it man," Scott reassured me for about the fifth time in eight minutes. "I know you love her. You know she loves you. What's the problem?" He asked me, pulling up his socks as we were getting dressed for football practice.

Ever since we got to the bash Coach has been working our asses off to be game day ready for Wednesday. That was the day when all of our hard work would be put to the test and South Lakeview would finally get to taste the bottom of our cleats while we kicked their asses to the end zone. But right now, I had something more important to worry about.

Like the fact that my girlfriend's ex' wants her back. That would be something big to worry about right? I think so. So yes, I'm choosing to worry on the inside but play off my I-Don't-Care phase on the outside.

"The problem is that butt-muncher Liam coming in trying to ruin things with Adrianna and I. He had his chance and he blew it by cheating on her so now she deserves to be with someone that actually makes her happy." I said.

"And when is that guy coming in?" Scott asked in a serious voice. I picked up my gloves and threw them at him, smacking him right the face. "I was kidding, jeez!" He raised a finger to his left eyebrow and let out a small wince. "I think you scratched my eyebrow hairs."

"And I think your balls need to drop crybaby." He flicked me the finger, just when Josh walked into the locker room in full practice gear. "Well look at this sexy man!" Scott squealed in a girly voice.

Josh and I sent him looks of disgust that made Scott recoil and mumble, "Carry on."

"What were you two preteens talking about," Josh asked, sitting down beside Scott on one of the benches in the locker room.

"Colton's worried about Liam coming onto Adrian and getting her back but I'm trying to tell him that Adrian will never fall for that ass-hat again meaning he has nothing to worry about." Scott answered. Josh nodded his head in understanding, staying silent.

I was quiet for a moment. "I don't agree with you making me sound like a pansy."

"I don't agree with you choosing pansy out of all the flowers that you could've said but whatever. I just don't think you shouldn't worry about him." Scott said. Always the considerate friend.

"So we're going to have a bit of man talk right now?" Josh asked. It did sound a bit out of sorts for us when he said it that way but they were my best friends and I needed some people to talk to about all of this. Whatever all of this even was. "I'm down. I believe that you should think of it as underwear."

"Aw jeez here we go," Scott sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Josh was always the outspoken character, no matter how dumb he sounded. Let's just see how this all panes out. I'm curious on his explanation.

"Do you want to hear what I have to say or not?" Josh snapped.

"I'm all ears." I answered, and Scott just threw his hands up in surrender then continued on getting dressed. While I stood up against the lockers to prepare myself for the absolute worst advice that just may be given to me in my whole lifetime.

"Okay, s-so Adrian is the nice pair of thongs, alright?" Dear God. Scott groaned, banging his head on the lockers in exasperation. "I swear I know what I'm talking about. Okay, so Adrian is the nice pair of thongs and then Liam is the granny panties and Colton," My ears perked up. "You my friend, are the nice boxer briefs."

"Now as to what I know, girl's do not like granny panties because basically they are period panties and if you get on Google then you will know how bad girls do not like their periods. So Adrian does not like Liam but you .... you are the number one because girls like boys in boxer briefs."

"So what's your point?" Scott asked impatiently. He took the words right out of my mouth. I appreciated Josh for wanting to help out but if he didn't explain his theory fast then I just may snap.

"My point is .... why would she leave you for her period panties when she has a nice pair of boxer briefs to look at? It just wouldn't make any sense to me. So I think that you should just chill out because Adrian isn't going anywhere and she hasn't even made the move to go anywhere."

"Whoa," Scott breathed out. Whoa was right. It was really right. Not only did Josh make sense but he actually helped me realize. Adrian wasn't going to leave me for her stupid ex because basically he's just an annoying menstrual cycle. And I also appreciate how I was being compared to the comfortable boxer briefs because that is my favorite type of underwear. "That was very mature of you."

Josh coughed awkwardly, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah well I'm a lot older now but you all should finish getting dressed." He was right again. If we were late for this practice then Coach would skin our asses for real. He was already on my ass for not making it on the bus so it was best if I stayed on his good side.

"Has anyone seen Brayden," I asked out of nowhere. He's been acting awfully weird too. Brayden hasn't been hanging around us much, or really saying anything ever since that night with Serena so now I'm curious as to what the hell was going on.

"He's already dressed and outside running drills. The dude isn't in a good state of mind right now. More like he's pissed at the world so I believe we should just let him blow it all off." Josh answered. Man, he's just all words of wisdom today isn't he?

"Yeah, I don't have time for the steam." I announced.

"Me either," Josh and Scott stated at the same time.

"Don't worry, I'm going to talk to him though. Whether he likes it or not."

~

Adrian:

When we got out of practice, I was on a mission. Serena didn't even make it to practice today. Brooke said that it was something about her having a headache but regardless of that I was going to talk to her about how shady she has been acting.

And now here I was, entering my dorm room and cornering Serena. She wasn't going anywhere until I got some answers. This was my best freaking friend for crying out loud and she wasn't even talking to me. We're supposed to tell each other everything --- good or bad --- but obviously she feels as if this rule doesn't apply to her at all.

So this is what we've come to. A fucking screaming match in our room and Serena still won't tell me what the fuck is wrong with her but she's crying. If she's crying then it must be bad right? Whatever it is then it's tearing her up inside.

That's why she needs to talk to me. She needs to let it all out.

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong?! I'm your best friend Serena! Doesn't that mean anything to you?" I screamed out to a crying Serena that was backed up into the corner. She had made multiple moves to remove herself from the tight space but I made it nearly impossible for her to do so.

I was going to figure this all out.

"Tell me what is going on Serena. You can trust me, and you know you can. Whatever you're hiding is hurting you and you know it so just tell me what is wrong so I can help you. I can help you fix it."

"What makes you think that I did something wrong," She asked in a venomous voice through her tears. "Do you think I'm a screw up or something?" What the hell?

"N-No Serena. Not at all but I want you to talk to me. Do you need to fix the problem in any way?" I asked her in a bit of a soothing voice only to be shouted at by a sob-wrecked Serena.

"I can't talk to you about this. Just leave me alone!"

"No," I screamed. I'm shocked that security hasn't been called by now. I knew that we were disturbing our neighbors around us. "You need to tell me!"

"I don't need to tell you shit but to leave me alone right now."

"When will right now be over?" I asked, a bit of hopefulness in my voice. If she didn't want to talk about it then then that meant that she would want to talk about it soon. Meaning if I just gave her some time to let right now pass then everything would be okay and she would talk to me.

"I can't tell you anything Adrian so just drop it." Serena spoke, wiping away the angry tears that just kept rolling down her face. If she cried any longer then this would make me cry and I didn't want to cry. I wanted answers. "Please just drop it."

I can't believe she is doing this. I can't believe Serena actually isn't trusting me enough to tell me whatever is causing her to be so emotional like this.

This is the girl that I've known since we were younger, we're basically sisters that were just fertilized by different misters. And no I wasn't expecting that to rhyme but things just come out when I'm angry. Like rhyming words and vulgar language.

"No the fuck I will not drop it because you are my goddamn best friend and if you think that I'm just going to let you cry about some sort of secret that you're keeping from me then you have life all fucking screwed up. So no Serena! I will not drop this fucking situation. Now tell what's wrong!"

I felt so tempted to release my anger out on something. Like Serena's face perhaps but that would only make the problem worse. So I just decided to let out a frustrated shriek and pace the small perimeter of our dorm room. Serena just watched my movement, her sobbing now brought down to little whimpers.

I'm so angry right now, I don't even give a fuck about anything. She can cry for all I care but since she won't tell me what's wrong then I'm not giving her any sympathy.

She was making it so easy for me to say kick rocks to her but that would just get us into an even bigger fight then we were already in. So I just opted for the frustrated groans and the mumbled profanities that I'm sure Serena could barely make out due to her tears.

"What the hell is going on in here," A voice rung out by our dorm room now. The male culprit stepped around the wall and soon Brayden was in the inferno of my wrath. This boy had some nerve. I knew that he was in on Serena's downfall in someway.

I just need to know how.

"Why the fuck are you in here," I asked him, in a sudden rage. "You haven't spoken to any of us the whole time we've been here and now you decide you want to barge into our room and just demand something out of us? Get the hell out Brayden!"

He stood in front of me now, tensing up from my outburst. Most likely shocked that someone like me could pack such a fury into this body. I just wanted to punch him in his pretty boy face. I wanted to punch both of them actually.

And that only angered me more because they were my friends. I didn't want to be so mad at my friends like I were right now. But they were hiding something from everyone and they wasn't telling anyone.

"What secret are you and Serena hiding?" I asked Brayden, my voice trembling because I was also trying to calm myself down in the process. "I know you two are hiding something."

"W-What the fuck are you talking about Adri---" Brayden started but I had only interrupted him.

"Ever since the night you and Serena slept together you two have been acting off towards everyone and I want to know what is going on." I stated. Brayden looked at me in bewilderment and Serena was still crouched in the corner but was now silent, watching the scene unfold in front of her. "Tell me now."

"How do you know we slept together?" Brayden asked me. I shrugged my shoulders because that question wasn't exactly important. What was important was how he was now avoiding what I asked of him to do. "Who told you? Serena?"

I shook my head. "Colton and I saw you two making out in one of the bedrooms. It wasn't much to conclude after that since you two were both drunk and we all know what outcome becomes of that." Brayden wiped a hand down his face, slapping it to his side. "Now tell me what's going on."

"Nothing is going on Adrianna," Brayden stated as if he was trying to calm me down. "There's no secret."

"Bullshit," I spat out, taking a step closer to him now. I was within slapping distance of him. So all he had to do was just say one thing and my palm would be permanently etched onto his face. I'll make sure that it very much was. "You two are being so shady!"

"Will you stop screaming!" Brayden now yelled at me. "God, you're going to wake up the whole freaking dorm building with all of your goddamn nagging!"

That's it.

I took a small step towards him as my hands flies up while I do so to take a good swipe at his face since that's what I told myself I would do if he said one stupid thing. Brayden wasn't on the football team for no reason though because his quick reflexes catch my wrist so swiftly, stopping me when I was halfway there.

"Adrian," His voice speaks so coldly that it practically feels like I'm standing in the Artic with no warmth to comfort me at all. After today, I'll practice on my speed so next time I won't be too slow to miss my target. "We both know that hitting me would've been a very bad idea."

Without my mind even registering what was happening, I was pushed down to the ground with a quick force. The wind was knocked out of me so quickly that it felt like I suddenly needed an inhaler. When I didn't even have asthma? Weird, I know.

But I couldn't even think about what was weird because that was when my body came into contact with the hard floor, causing me to ache all over and my head made contact with the night table stand that separated Serena and I's beds. Ouch. Wood completely hurts.

When I hit the floor altogether my body wasn't even able to move. Mainly from all the pain it just encountered with one simple shove. No. Scratch that. It wasn't a simple shove. It was a shove from the muscled up, angry Brayden. I groaned from the pain and looked at Brayden's straight face. He didn't even give a damn that he just put his hands on a female.

He was like a monster right now.

"Adrian," I heard Colton's voice rush into my dorm room now. A few other footsteps followed behind his but everything was to fuzzy in my head to exactly picture what was going on. I just knew that I could go to sleep at any minute now. "What the fuck happened?"

"Brayden," I heard a voice that sounded just like Scott's speak up. "What the fuck did you do? You pushed her down?" That's when I heard quick air swipe, and the crack of something being broken. Brayden groaned and then there was shoving followed by that.

"Serena," Josh asked. "What the hell?"

I saw a figure loom over me but I couldn't quite make out there face. Just faint colors that my mind wasn't allowing me to describe. Sleep. Sleep. I think I want to go to sleep. My eyes were drowsily closing but interrupting the snooze I wanted to take was a small poke at my side.

"Keep your eyes open, Princess." Colton ordered to me. He was worried. Colton sounded really, really cute when he was worried. "Please don't close your eyes. I love you, okay?"

I love you too Colton. I want to say it but I just can't. My body won't let me say anything or do anything.

That's when I was wrapped up into what I believe was Colton's arms and my mind made everything go black.

----------------------------------------

Hi Laughers!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It's most likely confusing and all over the place because I was literally so distracted writing this from my family, to TV, to my phone and literally everything. But still I hope you all liked it enough. Tell me your theories for what you think will happen in the next chapter, I'm curious to see how your minds are thinking.

Also, follow me on Instagram @TheGirlThatLaughs_ and ask me some questions on my ask.fm (link in my bio). Or ask me questions in the comments. Anything you want to know and I promise that I will respond to every single on of them because I love every single one of you all so much.

Keep Calm and Like Totally Laugh On <3 ---- Korrie ' xoxo