Chapter 40: Party up!

CHAPTER 40

--Nicole's pov--

**July 15th**

I trudge along, dragging my bag from Niall's car to my front porch. "Was it always this heavy?" I pant, only having made it up one step.

"No, it's not actually that heavy, you're just wimpy." Niall smiles as he picks up my suitcase and brings it to my door.

"Am not." I pout. He rolls his eyes as Bobby agrees with him behind us. "No one asked you Bobby!"

He chuckles as Niall unlocks my door and swings it open. He places my suitcase by the stairs and I take my shoes off. "It's like noon, why is it so dark in here...?" I question, walking closer to Niall.

"Maybe-"

"Surprise! Welcome home!" people yell, causing me to scream and Niall jump.

I hide behind Niall and he laughs. I peak my head around him to see Lizzy, Laura, Leah, and the boys. My mom and Faith were frosting a cake in the kitchen. "You scared the shit out of my." I breathe."Don't use that kind of language, Nikki." my mom warns. I roll my eyes and run to my girls.

"We missed you so much!" Laura laughs.

"I missed you guys too." I smile. "How are you guys?" Leah and Lizzy burst into how their summer has been so far and Laura drifts away to go talk to the guys. I'm very jealous that she just gets to slip away like that while I listen to my besties babble. But what else is new.

Leah and Lizzy get into a fight about who's dress was prettier at their double date, so I took my chance and made my escape. Harry tackles me in a hug before I can even turn around. "I missed you, Anderson!"

"Missed you too, Styles." I laugh.

"You look as beautiful as ever." He smirks. I roll my eyes and give Zayn and Liam hugs too. Liam asks me how my trip was and I fill him in about me and Niall's time around his town. I look around for Niall and see him helping my mom and Faith with the cake. I dive for Faith and she giggles as I tickle her. "Nikki I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too sista! How's your arm?" I give her a hug.

"Better." She breathes, "Doesn't hurt as much anymore."

My mom has her arms open wide for me and she engulfs me in a warm hug. "I missed you, baby girl."

"I missed you too mom. Thanks so much for letting me go, it was amazing." I smile.

"Of course, you were old enough. You didn't anything did you?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah actually. I got drunk, I'm pregnant, and I experienced the amazing taste of drugs." I fold my arms. She doesn't trust me?

"I thought so. I'm glad you had a good time." She gives me another hug.

Faith calls everyone to the table as Zayn sets it. Aww, so sweet of him. Niall and Liam pull chairs over to make more room at the table while my mom serves dinner: Spaghetti. hmm, this should get interesting. I sit down at my seat next to Niall and Lizzy as my mom places a big bowl of steaming noodles and sauce in front of me. I feel my mouth water, staring down at the plate. Liam leads us in prayer, then we all dig in.

Niall and I keep bumping elbows whenever we take another spoon/forkful of food and I got tired of it. "Really, why'd you guys put me next to lefty over here?" I scold.

"Well sorry, Ms. Sassy. We just thought you wanted to be next to your boyfriend." Harry smirks.

Niall gives me a puppy dog face and I groan. "Stop touching me, Horan."