Chapter 29: First Date part 1

CHAPTER 29

--Nicole's pov--

I look up and out my window at the light blue sky. I'm forced to break my gaze as I receive a text from Laura.

From Laura

Are you sure you don't want me and Harry to go with you today? It can be like a double date and less awkward for you guys

I sigh as I respond. She always knows exactly what im worried about.

To Laura

Thanks girl but I think I got this. I've known him for forever what could go wrong?

I smile to myself as the memories of me and Niall's friendship come flooding back. We've known each other for so many years I like cant believe it. How we would eventually like each other? I would of never saw that coming in 6th grade. The memory of first meeting him always makes me laugh, he was always such a dork...

***First day of 6th grade***

"Good morning class! Are you all ready for a great year?" Harry's, Liam's, Lizzy's, and Zayn's homeroom teacher asked. The whole class just grumbled in response. Lizzy nudged me from her seat beside me, "Hey that new kid is starring at you." she whispered into my ear.

I looked up across the room at the new blonde child that I guess had just moved here. I have never seen that kid before in my life. His eyes were pretty though, I gotta give him that. I roll my eyes and turn back to Lizzy. "Yeah right. No guy ever stares at me."

"Well that one is!" She insisted as she pointed over at him. I slap her hand and curse under my breath. "Stop pointing! He'll think we're talking about him!"

"But we are talking about him..." She says quietly. I groan as Harry laughs, obviously listening into our conversation. "You like that dude, don't you Nikki?"

My eyes widen, "Ew no! What the hell, Harold?" He shrugs as he starts to get out of his chair, "Fine, then it wont get awkward when I invite him over her."

I try to grab his hand to drag him back into his seat, but im too late, he's already half way across the room to the kid's seat. Normally people would be all "Oh cool a new friend" but not me. I start to panic.

What if he's evil and he'll try to destroy my pathetic life even more? Not cool man.

Harry walks back over to our little section, with the newbie behind him. I swear if he's evil I'm gonna kill Harry.

"Hey mates, this is Niall Horan, he just moved his from Ireland." Harry smiles to us, gesturing in Niall's direction. Niall nods at us as Zayn and Liam introduce themselves. Lizzy just looks at him up and down in disgust. "He was cuter from farther away." She whispers to me.

I look up at him to get a good look to see if she's right. I shrug. He was pretty cute now. His blonde hair with brunette roots, bright blue eyes, tiny freckles about his face. He was pretty attractive. I have no idea where Lizzy's getting THAT from...

"You can take a seat with us if you want, right next to Nicole is probably like the only seat. I feel bad for you, im so sorry you have to sit next to her. Stay strong." Harry says, patting Niall on the back, then smirking at me as he takes his seat. I roll my eyes as the Irish lad takes a seat next to me.

I turn to him, might as well introduce myself right? "Hi, I'm Nicole. And you're Niall?" I ask. He nods, "Nice to meet you." He smiles as his obvious Irish accent comes along with every word. Ok, so now I've got an Irish bud, and 3 other British friends. Dude they should start a Boy band or something.