Chapter 39: Beach Bummer

CHAPTER 29

--Nicole's pov--

**July 13th**

"Say cheese!" Niall yells at me as he takes the picture with his phone. I laugh as he makes a funny face. We're leaving tomorrow, sad I know, so the past couple of days Niall's been showing me around his hometown. Yesterday he showed me the main attractions, and today he's showing me his favorite places to eat and his favorite beach, knowing I couple disagree because they're two of my favorite things.

"Good. Now I have a picture of my too favorite things: my girlie-friend, and Nandos. By the way, you guys are my new screensaver." I roll my eyes as he laughs. We walk up to the restaurant and Niall pulls the door open for me. Such a gentleman.

The delicious smell of fried chicken hits my face as I walk in. "Ooh it smells so good in here..." I look up at the menu and frown. "What should I get?" Niall hushes me and send me away to pick a seat. He wants to 'choose everything for me since I'm stupid and never order good food'. I take a window seat and look out at all the people passing by. It started getting hot after awhile since the sun was shining right on my seat, so I pulled my long brown hair into a messy bun. Since we were actually going out of the house today, I decided to wear one of my cuter outfits: denim booty shorts and my flow-y tanktop that has a sunset on it. (which are on top of my bikini of course) As I push my sunglasses up onto the top of my head, I notice Niall coming over to the table with one of the workers following him, both of them holding giant trays pilled with food.

"Ummmm..." I give him a puzzled look as the worker sets the tray down on our table and walks off.

"Well. I didn't know what you would like or not like." he explains, "So I just ordered it all!"

"what?"

"Yeah, so we better dig in or else we wont be able to get desert at another place I wanna show you cause they close early today." He smiles.

I suck in a deep breath as Niall places some things on my plate and waits for me to try it. I let the air out and pick up the chicken, "Well lets not let this go to waste." I laugh.

**

I hold my stomach as we walk out of Nandos. "I think I ate too much, babe."

Niall burps, " mee too..."

"How far is this desert place because: a) I don't know if I can make it; and b) I don't know if I'll be able to eat it."

"No worries." he smiles. He pulls out his phone and dials Greg's number, "Greg? Hey, can you pick up desert from that one place we like? No not that one. No. No... Yeah! That one! Can you get me and Nikki some chocolate cake please? Yeah thanks. Ok, ok. bye."

I tilt my head at Niall and he shrugs, "If we cant eat it now, we'll just eat it later." I nod and he hold out my hand for me to grab. We both wobble down the sidewalk, passing families also taking a walk on this lovely day.

As we make our way farther down the sidewalk, the water and sand come into view. I smile at the thought of it being close because I'm legit panting right now. Probably shouldn't of eaten all that chicken...

We finally make it to the hot sand and I instantly feel more relaxed. "Do you want to place our towels out by the water or by the sidewalk?"  Niall asks as he looks around at everyone chillin at the beach. I chuckle at all the cut little kids squealing as they splash each other with water.

"uh... doesn't matter." I shrug. Niall leads us to closer to the middle of the beach and we lay out our towels. Niall pulls his shirt off and throws his shirt in our bag. He looks at me confused at why I haven't taken my shirt and pants off yet. "I feel fat because of the giant lunch we had..." I mumble.