Chapter 22: Awkward Liam

CHAPTER 22

--Nicole's pov--

**Monday morning after Prom**

2 more weeks of school. I can survive those 2 weeks. Even if I have to see him everyday, I can survive the 2 weeks.

I walk into Second hour, Music, hoping he wont be here today. But sure enough, Louis walks in the door and smirks at me. I turn away and pull out my phone. Niall said to text him if Louis tried to embarrass me at all, so I have to stay prepared.

No one has talked to me today besides our little group. I think they pity me. Wherever I go, everyone looks at me with sad faces. They're all like, "Im so sorry that you believed him blah blah blah..."

And then there's the kids who laugh at me. They get with their friends and point. Oh look, there's the pathetic child who actually thought she was wanted.

But I keep calm, because I know I'm wanted. Niall loves me, even if it's only in a friend way.

**

The rest of the day was a breeze, except for the fact that I was laughed at all during lunch. But whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm glad I'm able to make people laugh.

I walk outside to wait for Niall. I think something is wrong with me. I cant stop thinking about Niall. And not in a friend way. I've even started planning our wedding in my head. Who does that?

The problem is that I have no one to talk to about this. No one knows, except me. I want to tell Laura, but she'll probably tell Harry, and then the world will explode. I want to tell Lizzy, but she'd laugh at me. I can't tell Zayn because he's been hanging out with Leah like crazy. I think he might ask her out soon. I obviously cant tell Niall, because what if he doesn't like me back? I would absolutely die. Then Liam comes to mind. He's always been there too, and I know he wont tell anyone. Hmm, I'll keep him in mind.

"Sup girl." Niall says coming up next to me, making me jump.

"You scared me." I laugh.

"That was the idea." he says smirking. I roll my eyes in response. "So how was your day?" he asks me seriously as we start walking home.

I shrug, "It was ok... I just wish people would stop looking at me like I was a zoo animal."

He nods, "I know, but it will die down in a couple of days, school's almost over. Speaking of end of school, you going to Morgan's party?"

Morgan's a cheerleader who has this big End-of-the-year party every year. Everyone is invited. Sometimes she even invited some of the cool Freshmen. Why? I don't know. Personally, I think the Freshman are the most annoying things ever created. Especially the ones she usually invites. I really never go to them because I don't do big parties. I like smaller ones, where you know everyone there, instead of random people just showing up and trying to flirt with you. "You know the answer to that one." I say looking up at him, tho I dint have to look up that high, he's close to my height. He's not a very tall dude...

"I know, but I was thinking we could maybe go this year?" He states, but it actually comes out as a question. I stop, "Why?"

He scratches the back of his neck, "I don't know, I just wanted to know if you would go with me?"

My heart flutters, "Like as a date?"

He hesitates and his eyes get big, "Oh, no just as friends. Like we could get everyone else to come too..."

I look down at the concrete passing by as we walk. For a second I thought he was asking me to go with him as a couples kind of thing. See? He doesn't like me. We're just friends...