Chapter 15: Lies? Or Truth?

CHAPTER 15

--Niall's pov--

I run my last lap around the track field and stop to catch my breath as I wait for Zayn. He's always been a slow runner. I look up at the Wednesday afternoon sky. It's actually kinda pretty.

When he finally catches up, he asks while panting, "you still mad bout the whole Nicole and Louis thing?"

I shake my head. "Nah, doesn't matter anymore." But that's a lie, I'm furious. Not mad that Nicole's happy, but that she's happy with that poser. He thinks he's so perfect. I just don't want Nik hurt, which I know she eventually will be.

I've seen how torn some of his previous girlfriends have been, and I know it would be even worse for Nik.

She's more sensitive then any girl out there. Like seriously. I'm not even joking. You could look at her cross eyed and she'd freak out.

"Good. Cause when you're not happy, nobody is." Zayn says laughing.

I roll my eyes, "whatever. I'm gonna head to the showers. You comin?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a couple minutes. I gotta talk to our coach-teacher-thing."

"K see ya." I say waving as I jog off to the shower room. It's so hot out today, I probably smell like a dead fish or something.

As I swing open the door and walk to the showers, I hear Nicole's name mentioned. I hide behind the wall by the lockers, so whoever's there can't see me. Like the dudes are probably right there.

I mean, I usually don't ease drop, but this is a different story. it's Nikki. Don't judge ok?

"Yeah man, Nicole is hot, but she's a total nerd. What's with you guys anyways," I hear a male voice say. (Well obviously cause it's the guy locker room.) it sounds like one of the jocks. George or Dean maybe?

"He probably feels bad for her." Another guy grunts. Now that was definitely Dean. But why would he care about Nikki?

"Shut up guys. You really want to know?" Yet another guy voice breaks in. I can't quite make out who it is though. Whoever it is, they got some nerve.

"Come on Louis, duh! That's what we've been asking you the whole frikin time." Dean moans.

So it's Louis. Surprise surprise.

Louis laughs, "have you SEEN her? Yeah, she's hot. I mean LOOK at that body."

"Yeah but a lot of girls are sexy. Why her?" The first guy asks. I still have no clue who he is.

"She's obviously a virgin. So... Another girl to steal it from right?"

"Ahh I'm caught up now. Nothin too hard for Louis Tomlinson." Dean laughs. I hear hands slapping high fives.

"So what's your plan, man?" The random guy asks.

"After the dance, I'll take her over to mine. No girl can resist me." Louis laughs.

More high fives. "Hey, but what about Melissa?" Dean asks.

"What about her? We broke up remember?" Louis questions.

"Anna told me that she was thinkin of stealing you back at the dance."

"Well if she does, who cares right? She's hotter." Louis laughs, and the other guys join in. The Nicole conversation ends with that random guy bringing up what they heard coming from the girls' bathroom.

What a dick. I feel my fists get tight and my teeth clench. I start to stomp my way to Louis and those dick-heads but stop. Louis can't know I heard this. Who knows what else he'll do.