Chapter 17: Young Love

CHAPTER 17

--Nicole's pov--

IT'S FRIDAY, FRIDAY. GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY. PARTYING, PARTYING, no. Yeah, its Friday, but im not really happy about it. Tomorrow's the dance and I still don't have my best friend to dance with. But I mean, ya know, not really slow dance but... Ok, nevermind.

I put the key in the slot to open my door. I swings open and inside my cool house. Such a relief to get out of the heat. "FAITH, I'M HOMMMEEEEE!" I yell inside.

"I'm in here!" I hear a faint yell. Where Faith was saying she was I have no idea. I drop my backpack by the kitchen table. "Where are you?" I yell again.

"In the den!" I hear another yell, this time it wasn't as quiet.

I walk into the den to see her playing video games, totally getting into it. Except she wasn't alone, some dude was next to her, playing along with her. "Ummmmm..." I say pointing at the guy sitting on the other couch.

"Oh, this is Tristan." She says smiling. She had her dirty blonde hair pulled into a high pony and had a amount of makeup around her eyes. The dark blue makeup made her eyes pop. She looked really pretty. How she got all the way up the stairs and into the bathroom to put her makeup on, I don't even want to know.

The dude, "Tristan" as she called him, smiled and waved. "And what is he doing in our house?" I ask, still pointing at him, his smile slowly faded.

Faith glares at me. "He's a friend from school, remember?"

"no." I say plainly. Who IS this guy?!

"Yeah, he's from school. He came to hang out today to see how I was doing." She smiles again. But it wasn't a normal smile.

"OHHHHHHHHHH!" it clicks, she's totally in love with him. Ahhh, young love. "Sorry Tristan, that was really rude of me. Hi, I'm Faith's sister Nicole." I say waving over at him.

"That's fine." he laughs, "I would of done the exact same thing."

"Yeah..." I laugh. Faith looks at me annoyed. "Anyways, im just gonna be in the kitchen so... You guys need anything?"

Faith shakes her head no.

"Alright, so yeah. Bye." I say as I walk out of them room. Am I like the most awkward sister or what? I shake my head at myself as I walk back into the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab a juice box. As I poke the straw into it, my phone vibrates from on the table, saying I got a text.

I take a long drink from my juice as I walk over to the table. It's from Laura:

To: Me

From: Laura

Hey girl! Wanna come ova to mine to have a b4 prom night partay?

That actually sounds pretty fun. I've never heard of it before, but knowing Laura, she probably made it up. I'm about to reply sure, when the thought hits me.

To: Laura

From: Me

Is Niall gonna b there?

I set my phone back on the table and open my backpack to take out my homework. I know what your thinking: SUPER DORKKK. Yeah, maybe I am, but I want to get my science homework done ok? i'll be too lazy to do it on Sunday. So yeah.

To: me

From: Laura

He said he might go 2 the football game instead. Y does it matter? /: