Chapter 12: Babysitting Bummers

CHAPTER 12

--Niall's pov--

I head across the yard to Nicole's house. I don't mind watching Faith tonight, it's gonna be fun, I love Faith. But I don't want Nicole goin to hang with Louis. I hate that guy...

I knock on the door and Nik opens it up quickly. I feel my eyes widen. I've never seen this side of Nicole. She's usually in sweats when she's around me, but the girl in front of me, looks nothing like that. She's got on a pair of sparky skinny jeans, and a super nice top, and when I say really nice, I mean like, REALLY nice.

And she's got more makeup on then usual. She looks gorgeous. I mean, she always does. But this is different. And I don't think I like it.

"Hey Niall!" She smiles.

"Hi." I grumble. She lets me in and I walk into the living room to see Faith eating spaghetti. She waves at me as I walk in, and I smile. "You ready to party?"

She nods, her face covered in tomato sauce. I laugh and turn to Nicole as she running down the stairs, with her guitar case in her non-hurt hand.

"Lizzy picking you up?" I ask leaning on the kitchen counter.

She shakes her head. "Nope, I'm gonna borrow Mrs. Clara's car. She said I could when I was talking to her this morning."

I nod. "Sooooo how long you gonna be there?" What? I wanna know when I'm gonna be leaving. Not that it matters or anything...

"I dunno. Maybe like 5 or 6 hours?"

I nod again. That's an awful long time for "practicing".

"I'm gonna head out ok? I'll be back later." She takes Faith's empty bowl and places it in the sink. Then goes back and kisses Faith's forehead.

She comes over and kisses me on the cheek. I smile. "Don't do anything stupid ok?" She says concerned.

I roll my eyes. "Oooookkkk finnneee. Have fun."

"Thanks" she smiles.

...

"Bye guys!" Nik calls as she shuts the door. I lock it and walk back over to Faith, sitting on the couch. "Whatcha wanna do?"

Faith thinks for a couple seconds. "How bout we play a board game!"

I nod, "what game?"

"How about The Game of Life? I haven't played that in forever." She says.

"Alright. Your goin down!" I say pulling out the game and setting it up.

"Nuh uh!" She says snapping her fingers.

I laugh as we pick our cars, her taking the red one, and i take the green. Time to play Life. Which, I totally suck at. Literally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Nicole's pov--

**2 hours later**

"Cause everything, has changed." Louis and I sing as I strum the last chord of the song. The only good thing about the stupid cast, is that I can still play my guitar.

"Brilliant! Your amazing!" Louis cheers.

I blush. "Hey, couldn't do it without you!"

He smiles, "eh. I guess."

I laugh. "So. I guess we know the song perfectly. But we still need to decide on what our point behind it is."

"I was thinking about that yesterday, actually. And I know what it is."