Depth 1

Ren is outside with his little sister, Lacey, playing in the front yard of their house. While Ren and Lacey were playing Ren saw a man from across the street having problems with his car. Ren started to walk in the man's direction.

"Hey, where are you going?" Lacey asked Ren, making him stop in his tracks and facing her.

"That man is having troubles and I want to help." Ren told Lacey.

"We'll get in trouble with Mom and Dad." Lacey said concerned.

"I'm going but you can stay here if you want." Ren told Lacey, looking both ways before crossing the street.

"Don't leave me!" Lacey said running after Ren.

"Hello, Mister." Ren said in a welcoming voice. 

"Hello!" The Man Responded, coming from in front of his car where the engine is.

"Aren't you two suppose to be in school?" The man asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but our Mom picked us up early from school." Ren informed the man.

"Oh! Doctor? Dentist?" The man asked.

"I'm okay but Lacey is sick." Ren told the man.

"Oh! Is that so?" The man said surprised.

"I came over because you looked a bit angry with your car." Ren said to the man.

"Yeah, My car is causing me a lot of troubles lately." The man told us looking back at his car.

"Can I help?" Ren offered.

"What are you doing?" Lacey asked Ren, tugging on his shirt.

"Relax." Ren told Lacey, removing her hand from his shirt.

"We're gonna get in trouble." Lacey said, worried.

Ren walked towards the man passing the car on the way to where the man is standing.

"I don't believe it! My car is working? But how?" The man asked astonished.

The man started to investigate his car. The man checked the engine, the spark plug, transmission, etc. to no avail.

"My, My. I'm lost for words." The man said going to the drivers side of the car and removing the keys from the ignition turning off the car.

Lacey walked over to Ren cautiously also passing the car.

"Mom's calling us." Lacey told Ren.

"Bye Mister. We have to go now." Ren informed the man.

"Alright! Be careful crossing the street. By the way my name is Frank." Frank shouted as Lacey and Ren crossed the street.

Lacey and Ren waved their goodbyes and went home.