17

Victoria's POV

My uncle.

I just stood there staring at him as I felt my grip tighten on Ross's hand. The bastard offered me a small smile, but I only backed up into Ross a little more. Everyone was completely silent, looking between my uncle and I to see what's going to happen. I felt Ross's arm wrap protectively around my waist as he noticed my tense form and I swallowed thickly as my lungs started tightening.

"You've grown up," he said, breaking the silence and I suddenly snorted and felt all the lynches' eyes on me. "Yeah I was forced to remember?" I asked and he frowned at me. "Last time I saw you you were what..." he trailed off as he tried to think how old I was when I last saw him. "Thirteen," I helped him and he nodded. "Yeah and look at you now," he smiled lightly and I squinted my eyes at him as I took a step closer to him.

"What do you want?" I asked him as I crossed my arms and I saw him gulp. "I heard you were back in South Africa," he started and I rose my eyebrows as I waited for him to continue, very unamused. "And?" I asked rudely and felt Ross's hand on my arm. "I wanted to come and talk to you, privately," he added and looked behind me. I turned around and saw that all the Lynch boys including Mark and Ratliff were standing close behind me, watching the unfamiliar guy with cautious eyes waiting for him to make one wrong move and I then noticed that the women left the room. Ross was standing right behind me and I turned back around to face the guy that I unfortunately shared DNA with.

"You actually think that I would ever be stupid enough to talk to you? Much less privately?" I asked before I snorted, very unladylike. "I just wanted to apologise," he said and I let out a cackle causing him to look at me weirdly. "Apologise?" I asked with a grin and he nodded his head slowly. "You want to apologise?" I asked again and he cleared his throat before nodding again. "For what exactly?" I enquired and he shifted uncomfortably. "For drinking yourself almost dead and scaring your wife out of the house? For climbing into bed with me every night and molesting me? Forcing me to suck you off?" I asked and Ross immediately grabbed my upper arm before pulling me into his chest. "For making me afraid of alcohol? For making me afraid of men when I was thirteen years old? Wanna apologise for making me try and kill myself at only fifteen years old? Because if you want to apologise I can think of a lot of reasons why you should," I stated and saw his face drain of colour. I quickly looked behind me again and saw Ross clenching his fists while his nostrils flared as he sent my uncle death glares. The rest of the guys had the exact same behavior, but Ross was looking at him with pure hatred in his beautiful hazel eyes that were now almost black.

"Victoria I didn't mean for-" "For any of that to happen? Yeah well it did. It happened and you were the cause of it all," I hissed at him and he sighed. "Please just give me another chance," he said and I laughed sarcastically. "Why should I?" I enquired as I slowly walked closer, but I could still feel the Lynches eyes on me, watching the both of us carefully. "Because we're family," he said and I snickered. "We are not family, David. You see our family has a lot of loose cases in it, you included. I mean call me crazy, but I don't think another man gets into his daughter's or niece's bed and molests her. Or am I missing something and it's just the way it is?" I asked Mark as I turned around and looked at him, raising my eyebrows.

"Did you get into bed with Rydel when she was thirteen years old, Mark?" I asked and his eyes were nailed to David. "Anyone who does that is sick," he hissed at the man and I nodded in agreement. I know I should've stopped already and just asked him to leave, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I couldn't bring myself to hold in these feeling anymore. It's making me crazy.

"I told you. Our family isn't normal! You know what I learned this past year, David? It's that family isn't the people that are related by blood, but it's the people that loves you for you and who will go to the ends of the earth for you. These people behind me, they're my family. You are just a bastard I share DNA with," I replied bitterly as I stood in front of him and he stared down at me. "We will always be family Victo-" before I could stop myself I brought my right hand up and gave him a forceful slap across his cheek. The sound of my hand hitting his skin causing a loud sound to travel through the house as his neck jerked from the impact.