7

*later that same day*
*Wednesday the 14th of December 2016*
Victoria's POV

I sighed as I placed the last bag on the counter and breathed out. There was probably about 20 bags. I'm not even kidding. Everyone was still asleep and as I started unpacking the stuff my phone's loud ringtone filled the air and I quickly took it out of my jean pocket, pressing down on the speaker to silence the sound. A small frown took over my face as I saw the picture of Louis and I flash on my screen along with his contact name and his number. It's about 11 o'clock in London since it's 1 o'clock here. Yeah shopping took that long. I dragged my finger over the green phone as I started walking outside, not wanting to disturb the sleeping people.

"Hello?" I asked as I stepped outside and a sob filled my ear causing worry to rise inside of me immediately. "Louis?" I asked cautiously as he sobbed into the speaker. I walked around the house and to the backyard as I sat down on the chairs by the pool, giving him to calm down. The sun was scorching hot and the fact that I had a jean on didn't help me. "Tori it hurts! It hurts like a bitch!" Louis cried into my ear and I felt myself frown deeply as my stomach dropped to my knees. "Louis what's going on?" I asked soothingly as he cried into the phone. "She's dead Tori! Just like that! He just came and took her away! She didn't deserve this! She was so good to me!" Louis sobbed into my ear, but I couldn't figure out who he was talking about and it had me worried. Then it dawned on me.

Oh God.

I really hope I'm wrong.

"Louis?" I asked gently as I felt a ton of emotions rise inside of me and my throat tightened. "My Mum, Tori! The leukemia! She's gone!" he sobbed harder and I could literally feel my heart breaking. Shattering. "What?" I asked softly as tears filled my eyes and he cried. I felt the tears rolling off of my cheeks as I stared down at the, now blurry, clear, blue water of my swimming pool. We just sat there for a couple of minutes, no talking. No moving. Just crying. I sat there, tears silently rolling down my face. Too afraid to breath as my throat tightened and my eyes burned. "I didn't know who else to call," Louis whimpered as tears just streamed down my face. Johanna, Louis's Mom, and I were really close. She was amazing and a mother figure in my life. I can't believe she's gone. "It's fine, Louis. When did you hear?" I asked softly as I wiped away my tears. "About an hour ago," he whimpered out and I could picture him sitting against a wall with his hair in one hand and holding his phone in the other. "I'm so sorry Louis," I whispered out and he took a deep breath. I also took deep breaths to try and calm myself down before I started sobbing like a newborn baby. "Please tell me something to make this feel better," he said desperately and it felt like someone was taking my heart into their hands and wringing it out like a washcloth. "I can't, Louis. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say. I don't know what makes someone feel better after the news that their Mom died. I have no idea," I whimpered out as I placed my hand on my mouth as I thought back to the day of my Mom's death.

"How the hell did you get over this, Tori? Because it really hurts. It hurts so much and I don't know what to do," Louis whimpered as he started crying again and I desperately tried to calm myself down. "Honestly Louis?" I asked and he hummed. "I never did. I never got over it. I don't think I ever will," I cried as tears leaked out of my eyes. "Will you help me, please?" Louis begged and I chuckled humorlessly. "I don't know how to help you, Louis. I wish I did, but I really don't," I said as I placed my head into my hand. "Then let's help each other. I just really need someone who I know really cares and who isn't going to just leave," he said tiredly into the phone and before I could stop myself a sob escaped my mouth. "I'm never leaving you, Louis. And I'll never stop caring for you. No matter if we end up being enemies one day. I'm always going to be here for you," I said and he sobbed again. "I love you so much, Tori. You're like a sister to me. I love you, Tori," he sobbed out and another sob escaped my mouth. "I love you too, Louis. I love you too. Do me a favour?" I asked and he hummed. "Yeah?" he asked softly. "Go to your sisters and brother and hug the snot out of her. Hold them close and then all of you, just cry, okay? Now's the time you should be there for each other. Don't drift away, okay? You need each other,"