Chapter 89 & 90

This cannot be happening. I floor Luke's vintage ford mustang to the only person I can think of.

"Michael open up!" I bang my fists hard on his door; I hear someone fly down the stairs, the door swings open.

"Whoa, Abbey what's wrong?" Michael stands before me; shirtless, pink hair a mess and eyes sleepy.

"Luke got himself incarcerated-." I can't pull myself to finish the sentence; I break down for the millionth time this week.

"Hey don't cry." Michael mumbles as he wraps his tattoo covered arms around me; I cringe and move away.

"You're a bit ... naked." His cheeks turn bright red.

"Yeah I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." He stares at the ground for a second before tracing his thoughts.

"Okay where is he, like what jail?" His eyes are blinking rapidly; he digs in this back jean pocket for his keys.

"He's in rock-." I can't pull the words off my tongue; Michael's eyes widen,

"Fuck, let me grab a shirt." He says as he runs up the stairs, skipping 3 at a time.

I see his figure come flying back down the stairs within seconds.

"Okay let's go." He swings the door closed and jogs to the car; I don't even hesitate and slip into the passenger seat.

"You know this country better than I do." I explain as Michael knots his forehead at me for not taking the driver’s seat; he nods and gets in the car.

"Do I even want to know what he did?" Michael sighs as he pulls onto the freeway; I try my hardest to hold back my emotions, I feel my face tense up.

"He returned Jace's favour back to him." He glares at me; and wrinkles his eye brows.

"But Rockville is for extreme basket cases; I mean I know Luke can be a fucking idiot at times but not enough to get in there." I try not to think of Luke being in the same country as his father let alone the same building.

"But there has to be different wards, like for different crimes?" Michael turns up his lips and tilts his head.

"Well." He exhales. "I guess that's an option, but it isn't likely." I'm not sure what he is trying implying but I don't like it.

"Either way, we're here." Michael puts the car in park and immediately gets out; I follow closely behind.

Michael and I have been getting so close lately; I know why Luke likes him so much, he's caring, sweet, and funny and is always there for him.

"Okay you ready to do this?" He interrupts my thoughts as we stop in front of a pair of ugly metal doors; I take a deep breath and feel the vile raising in my throat, but I nod anyway.

Michael walks in front of me; masking me from the inmates as much as he can.

"Hello may I help you?" I short black women asks from behind a glass wall; Michael glances at me, I walk up to the window.

"Um, my boyfriend Lucas Robert Hemmings was brought here about an hour ago, and I'd like to see him." The lady laughs slightly at me; I look at Michael, he shrugs his shoulders.

"Visiting hours are over sweetie, you'll have to come back tomorrow at 3pm." What? No this isn't happening. First they drag his fragile body out of his apartment and now I can't even see him.

The lady goes to walk away from the window.

"No you can't leave." She glares at me; I feel my bones shutter.