Chapter 14

I slowly drag my body to the car and open the door; I feel mother’s eyes beaming on me. This is going to be good.

As soon as I step foot in the car she turns the radio off, not down, off.

“Is this some sort of way of getting back to me for making you leave Boston?!” She half yells trying to restrict her volume.

“What are you talking about?” I take my eyes from my window and look at her.

“You-you and that boy that, criminal!” Even thought my hatred is deep for Luke I can’t help but defend him.

“How dare you call him a criminal mother, you don’t even know him?!” Even in how rude Luke is to me; I find myself not surprised to be defending him.

Her eyes widen in my response.

“I have eyes Abigail; I see and know people like him.” She glares at me.

“I can’t believe you’re dating- that- that thing!” Okay she really needs to stop calling him things like that.

I finally catch on to what she said and I feel nauseous again.

“Why the hell does everyone think we’re dating?!” No one answers me so I continue.

“Well for your information he’s more my bully then my boyfriend.” I say a lot louder than I expected; and the quiet car just got silent.

I see my mother’s face fall and I can feel her apology coming.

“I’m sorry Abigail, it’s just I thought-.” She says brining her hand to my thigh but I move away, cross my arms and look out the window.

“Well you thought wrong.” Within seconds we pull up to my school and I rush out of the car faster than I can think of what I’m doing.

I don’t look back to my mother or wave to her I just walk into school trying to ignore the glares from all the people around me. I quickly make my way to my locker and get my books for my first two classes. I walk be Ashton’s locker but I don’t see him.

 I try not to panic so I find my way to the library. I walk in and it’s pretty dead considering the amount of students that go here.

 I grab my science text book and study the particle theory of matter. I hear someone call my name from behind me. It doesn’t sound like Ashton or Calum and Luke’s voice sends electricity down my spine so it isn’t him either.

I turn around and see a pale boy with bleach blonde hair; he’s covered in more tattoo’s and piercing then Luke. Then I realize it is Michael; Luke’s friend from the Diner yesterday.

“Oh, um hi.” I say awkwardly; confused of why he’s talking to me.

He smiles and pulls up a chair beside me.

“You coming tonight?” He asks while pretending to read his book.

I finally look up from my text book.

“What?” I ask him, he finally finds my eyes and looks just as confused at me.

He shifts awkwardly in his chair, and leans closer to me.

“Luke didn’t say anything to you?” He asks; in a low whisper.

I feel butterflies in my stomach. Why would Luke say anything to me about whatever Michael is talking about and why would Michael think he would?

I can’t stop the questions from flowing through my brain, so I just pick one.

“Say something about what?” I whisper as well; I don’t know why though no one is even in the library so it’s not like we’re disturbing anyone.

“The party, theirs a party tonight and he mentioned bringing you.” He makes an expression like I should know what he’s talking about; but I’m just as lost as I was 2 minutes ago.

I feel my stomach drop and a million things flow through my mind. I try to block them out as much as possible before I scare Michael off with the faces I’m making.

“I don’t know if you’re aware but Luke and I are not friends; I would actually say we’re less than friends.” I say lifting my book back to my face; pretending to read it.

He sits in silence for a moment before I look up; he has a smug look on his face. I set my book back down.

“What?” I ask him trying not to sound desperate to know what he’s smirking at.

“Nothing, it’s just; that’s not what Luke told me.” He says with his smile growing bigger.

Before I can think of something to say, he gets up.

“I’m sure I’ll be seeing you tonight.” He laughs and walks away.

I sit there like an idiot with my mouth flung open.

What has Luke been saying about me to his friends and how do they know about me at all? My thoughts are interrupted by the bell. I quickly pack my things up and walk to English; my favourite class.

I look around for Ashton but I still don’t see him. Where is he today? I pull my phone out and text him.

*Hey Ash, is everything okay? Where are you?*

I turn my phone off and walk into the class room. The atmosphere feels weird without Ashton here. It’s only my second day here and my first without Ashton. I awkwardly shuffle to the back of the class room to an empty seat; there is also an empty seat beside me but English is a small class, so I doubt anyone will fill it.

“Okay class, I normally wait until later in the semester to work on Pride and Prejudice, but I feel like this class is advanced enough-.” She is interrupted by a knock on the door.

She walks over and opens it; the warm smile on her face fades, and all I see is Luke walk into the class room.

I feel my whole body freeze; and my breath stops. I try to hid myself behind my arm, but I look up to see if he’s saw me; all I see is him smirking. I quickly put my head back behind my hand and I hear his low giggle fill the room.

“Um Luke, what are you doing here?” Ms. Cole asks; trying not to sound rude, but you can hear it in her voice that she doesn’t want Luke in her class and frankly I don’t blame her. He finally takes his eyes off of me and answers her.

“Mr. Frankie said I was too advanced for my other English class, so he sent me here.” He shrugs while turning back to look at me.

He knows it’s pissing me off, and that’s why he keeps doing it.

Ms. Cole smiles. “Oh okay, well you can take the empty seat beside Abigail.” She notions towards me.

I feel like I’m going to throw up and pass out, I can’t have him ruin my favorite class, so I stand up.

“Um no sorry Ms. Cole, me and Luke are not exactly friends.” She looks at me funny as if; how could you be making enemies you got here 2 days ago?

She continues to look at me; and the rest of the class joins in. I feel like I’m going to cry, with how many eyes are on me, so I sit back down,

Luke’s smirk fades as we walks to sit beside me. His long legs stick out under the desk; despite his height his jeans still ruffle at the ends. He reaches his long pale tattooed arm around the back of my chair.

“Nice shorts Tom.” He whispers in my ear.

I feel my whole body tingle from his body being inches from mine and the way his accent twists around words. I shake my head and push him off of my chair.

This is going to be a great semester.