Chapter 31

LUKE’S P.O.V.

I hope she doesn’t tell Ashton what I asked about last night, why does she have to untangle me so much?

I’m so used to being mad at the world all the time for no reason at all; but she makes it really hard to be man at her, she’s pulling me out of my darkness and I don’t think I like it.

“Are you going to pick one sir?” A short cashier asks from behind the counter.

I snap out of my daze.

“Um yes, I’m going to take the green one.” I point to the mini skateboard resting on the shelf.

I hope Adam likes it; he’s a cool little kid and maybe doing this for Abigail will help her see I’m not just an angry teenager with a bad temper well I am but there is more to me then that; I think.

I pay for the skateboard and make my way to Abbey’s house; it’s a bit early but I’m sure Adam will be awake. I told him to be up and ready by 9 and it’s already 9:15.

“Luke!” Adam yells while running out the front door.

He wraps his tiny arms around my body; I don’t normally get hugs so I just pat his back awkwardly.

“Close your eyes.” I tell him while keeping the skateboard hidden behind my back.

He closes them.

“Okay you can open them now.” I say; he opens his eyes; his jaw drops when he sees the board.

“You, but, you said, it’s brand new!” He stutters on his words from excitement; I don’t know how to react to people being happy or excited from what I do so I just smile and nod.

“It’s awesome!” He yells again jumping around.

“Okay so you wanna learn how to ride it?” I ask trying to sound as enthused as possible; but it’s hard.

He nods rapidly.

“Where’s Abigail?” Shit. Did that seriously just slip out? Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck.

I look down at Adam who doesn’t seem to read much into my question and I’m thankful.

“She’s doing some studying.” He says while trying to keep his balance on the board.

“Why, do you and my sister have a thing?” He asks while raising his eye brow and smirking a little; if he wasn’t 11 years old and Abbey’s brother I would have knocked that smirk right off his face.

“Uh, no, no we are hardly friends.” I mumble while breaking eye contact.

Adam shrugs it off and continues boarding.

But I wish we were; I don’t know what it is about her every other girl on the planet annoys me constantly and all I see them good for is a fuck here and there, but not Abbey she’s different.

I hate her for having such a strong hold on me; and it happening so quickly. I try to push her off as much as I can but I just can’t shake her.

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V.

“What even does algebra help us with in the world?” I ask to myself while trying to study over Adam's laughing from outside.

What is his laughing at? I've tried my hardest to study this morning but it's kind of hard with Adam's loud mouth outside; I decide to take a little break even though I've only been studying for 40 minutes.