Chapter 65 & 66

"Ugh, fuck my face hurts." Luke whines as I drive down the dirt road.

"Would you have fathered me send you off to the hospital?" I tease.

"No! I'm thankful you didn't let them take me."

"Oh so you can thank me for that but not for saving your life?" I gasp dramatically; he goes to touch his eye, I swat him.

"Yeah because you disobeyed me." I look over and see a side of Luke I haven't seen before; dominant and demanding.

"Don't do that shit again Abigail, I mean it." Luke's jaw is plastered shut; my skin goosebumps as I try to keep my eyes off Luke and on the road.

We drive up the steep road; Luke's phone rings.

"Can you pass me that." His tone more of a demand than an ask; I reach over to his thigh and pull his phone out his pocket.

"Yeah." He says as I place the phone up against his ear.

"What? You're what?!" He panics; I pull into my driveway and study his face closely.

"So you're just going to leave me?" He gulps; I reach over to comfort him but he sways away.

"Why the fuck is everyone leaving me." He whispers into the phone; and without another word he hangs up.

He just sits there eyes straight in front of him; expression blank.

"Did you need help-?" He interrupts me.

"Just leave me the fuck alone for a bit!" He snaps; I jump but slowly remove myself from the car, as soon as I creek the door open my mother runs to me.

"Abigail baby; is everything okay? I've been panicking for so long." I have never seen my mother in so much distress since dad died; I nod and sigh.

"Yes Luke is in the car being a stubborn little asshole." I rub my temple and realize I have Luke's blood on my fingers.

"Let me wash my hands." I scurry off to the bathroom and hear a thump on the door.

"What the?" I walk out and see Luke limping into the living room; with the assistance of my mom.

What a weird sight it is; seeing the women who once hated him help him in his time of need.

"Do you need anything love?" She softly asks Luke; trying not to gage at his wounds. He shakes his head without a sound.

"The school called." Mother panics as Luke falls gently onto the sofa.

"With how good your marks are Abigail you don't have to do any exams or any assignments and you'll graduate with a 89-92% average." This is absolutely great news I couldn't imagine having to go back and endure high school again.

"Although they needed a responsible guardian for Luke and your mother wasn't answering, I hope it's okay that I put my name down." She is talking to Luke but her eyes are plastered on me; too afraid to see Luke's face.

He says nothing but I can see something is wrong; I walk over and sit beside him.

"What's the matter?" I whisper into his ear; he bites his lip.

"Can we talk upstairs?" He growls under his breath; I know something is wrong just from his tone.

I nod and help him up the stairs; mother stays out the way.

"I'm going to get Adam from school; be safe please." She calls from the bottom of the stairs.

"Can you stop treating me like a cripple?!" Luke barks as soon as the front door closes; he pushes me off him.