Chapter 37 & 38

I wake up to Nancy's arms wrapped tightly around my body.

"Great she's a cuddlier." I groan while unwrapping her arms and climbing out of bed; she hears me.

"So we going shopping today?" She asks and I nearly piss myself.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" I laugh while stumbling over my books scattered around my floor.

"Cleaning up the half a million books on your floor might help you walk a little." Nancy breaks into laughter from watching me stumble; I growl at her.

"Aye; I'm just stating the obvious!" She defends.

"And when was that ever helpful?" I laugh; she shrugs.

"I don't know; I don't read." She smiles while letting her head fall back into my thousands of pillows.

I scurry off to the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, my hair and put on a pair of khaki capris and a Ralph Lauren white and pale blue striped top.

The blue reminds me of Luke's eyes; shit no why am I thinking about him. I hate that every time no matter what I do; he always creeps into my mind.

"Hey Abbey you wanna come out of there, I really have to pee-pee!" Adam whines from behind the door.

"Oh, sorry yes Adam my bad." I squeal and open the door; he's standing there doing his little pee-pee dance; he's the cutest when he first wakes up.

"Thank you." He mumbles while running into the bathroom; I make my way back to my room.

I open the door and see Nancy all dressed and ready to go; wearing a tight pair of distressed jeans and a lose fitted Rolling Stones shirt.

"I didn't think we were actually going." I admit while putting my makeup bag on my dresser; Nancy laughs at me.

"Abbey babe, you're dressed like a soccer mom; there is not way we're not going shopping." She says while touching my shoulders.

"What does everyone have against my clothing." I whine while motioning to my outfit.

"Please don't get me started." Nancy sighs while picking up her purse and walking to the door; I grab mine as well and slip on a pair of black Toms.

"You and those goddamn Toms Abbey." She whines was we walk downstairs.

"Is it pick on Abbey day or what?" I snap while searching the kitchen for my mother.

"Mom, Nancy and I are going to go to the mall for a bit; is that okay?" I try to cover up the fact that I didn't start off with a can I or a may I."

"Yes Abigail that's fine; how much money do you have?" She asks while her head is in the fridge looking for something.

"I think I have around $600 I'm not going crazy, just a few things." I say while peeking into the living room; Nancy is waiting patiently by the door.

"Okay call me when you're on your way home." Mother smiles while giving me a hug; I can't remember the last time I got one of those from her.

"Okay." I mumble awkwardly breaking away from her embrace.

I walk over to Nancy.

"You ready?" She asks with a smile; I have a feeling something more than just shopping is going to happen today.

"Yep." I squeal as we walk out the door.

...

We arrive at the mall; considering its Sunday it's pretty empty, which is nice I'm not a fan of crowds.