Chapter 74

"Don't touch that, jesus!" I hear from the main room; I turn over and see Luke past out snoring, catching flies.

"Seriously this isn't my place!" Brooke; it's Brooke, and who the hell is she talking to?

I flip the covers off me and tip toe to the bedroom door; I press my ear up against it.

"If they wake up it's all on you." She laughs and the sound of beer bottles clanking.

"They won't; stop being so childish." An unfamiliar voice calls back; I glance over at Luke who is beyond dead, I decide to open the door.

I creep down the hallway and see Brooke laid up on the sofa with dozens of beer bottles and a guy I've never seen before.

"What the hell is this?" I snap; Brooke's eyes flash up to me and she looks beyond terrified.

"Abigail this isn't what it looks like." She panics and throws the man off her; I hear Luke come out of the bedroom, he wipes his eyes.

"What's going on?" He yawns; Brooke doesn't make eye contact with him.

"Brooke what the fuck man? I told you not to fuck this up and you've been here for not even 12 hours and you've trashed my apartment?!" I look around the living room and see beer bottles scattered around the floor and multiple cigarette butts.

"Luke I'm sorry-." He interrupts her.

"Get out." He looks down at the floor while pointing at the door; Brooke's guy friend looks like he's in a different world.

"But Luke I have nowhere else to go."

"Well you should have thought of that before you brought some grunge nose into my house and decided you trash it!" Luke is keeping most of his composure which is very foreign to me.

Brooke scrambles around trying to clean up her mess.

"Just get out Brooke, now; and take your little toy with you." Brooke glares at him; but obliges and takes her friend by the hand and slams the door behind her.

I rub my forehead trying to comprehend what's just happened.

"Well that didn't last long." I laugh under my breath; Luke wraps his inked arm around my shoulder and kisses my temple.

"Sorry for fighting you on letting her stay here; I should have listened-." I interrupt him.

"We all learn from our mistakes." I whisper into his chest.

"I suppose." He smiles and we go back to bed.

...

"What is that smell?" I groan as I realise Luke isn't lying beside me.

"Shit shit shit shit!" I hear Luke panic from the other room; great what the hell is he doing now.

I pull myself out of bed and make my way to the kitchen; and see Luke attempting to cook breakfast.

"Um Luke babe, what are you doing?" I try to keep my laughter inside; but it comes out anyway.

"I was um- trying to make you some food but I kind of failed." He notions to the burnt substance in the frying pan; I walk over and turn the stove off.

"Well you sure looked good attempting it." I say onto the back of his neck; my phone goes off.

"Hey Nancy." I feel like I haven't talked to her in ages; I miss her cheery ways.

"Ashton, Calum and I were going to go for brunch you wanna come?" I can hear the excitement in her voice; I glance up at Luke.

"Sure Luke and I will meet you at the diner." I see Luke's forehead knot.

"So me you, Nancy, Calum and Ashton have a lunch date." I smile awkwardly as Luke's jaw clenches.

"I'm not having lunch with those stiffs." He growls; I haven't seen him angry for at least 12 hours and I have to admit I was enjoying it.

"Please Luke, only for a while." I pout childishly; he rolls his eyes.

"If I do this, can we you know?" His pale cheeks turn bright red.

"Do what Luke?" I whisper in his ear; his chest stiffens as he wraps his long arms around my body.

"Do what I severely wanted to do last night but couldn't because some idiot was in our house." His eyes run wild; I place my lips gently on his, he takes matters into his own hands and turns the gentle kiss into a war.

He grabs my hips and lifts me onto the counter top; he moves his body in between my legs as they wrap around his waist.

His tongue collides into mine as he bites my lip; I feel my body temperature rising.

"Luke." I breathe into his mouth; he ignores me as his hands travel under my shirt.

"Luke, after lunch. I have to make sure you won't be an asshole." I tease as I push him off me; his lips are red and his eyes are nearly squinted shut.

"Okay I'll be ready in 5." He scurries off to the bedroom and is ready within seconds.

"Well someone's in a hurry." I laugh from the bathroom; I put my hair into a bum and applied some eyeliner.

"If it means I get to come home and have you; all of you to myself, then I'm in more than I hurry." He zips up his black jeans and wiggles his arms in his white tank top; I love when he wears sleeveless shirts and his beautiful tattoos are exposed to the world.

"Why are you staring at me?" He snaps; I shake my head from my daze.

"Uh no reason." I lie as I put on a pair of jeans and a sleeveless white blouse; Luke looks down at my arm.

"You're okay with wearing that?" He asks as he brushes his cold finger tips across my now healed wounds; I nod.

"Okay well let's go then." He kisses my neck and we go downstairs; we end up at the diner sooner than I expected.

"There they are!" I point at Ashton as we pull into the diner parking lot.

"Great." Luke sighs as he takes the key out the ignition; I place my hand on his thigh.

"Be nice please; for me?" I bat my eye lashes.

"I'm not making any promises." He groans; I get out the car and run to Ashton and give him a huge hug.

"Ash." I say into his neck; I feel Luke's eyes on me.

"Abbey!" Nancy calls while running over to me; her normally perfect lip stick is smudged.

"So you and Calum eh?" I smirk as I glance over to Calum who looks flush.

Nancy nods I see Luke standing uncomfortably with his hands in his pockets; I walk over and grab his hand.

"Okay well let's go eat." Ashton smiles and we all walk into the diner.

"Well this is going to be interesting." Luke growls.