Chapters 34 & 35

I try to figure out what has just happened; but my mothers screaming in my ear makes it a little hard.

“Abigail how could you kiss that-that, ABIGAIL?!” She notices I'm not paying attention and begins to raise her voice.

“Can you not yell in my ears please.” I squeal; my throat is dry from Luke's mouth and this whole situation.

“You know what Abigail, I'll yell at you if I want to.” Mother growls while pacing back and forth in the living room; I stand awkwardly in the front foyer.

“Abigail look at me!” She yells, I slowly raise my head from the ground; tears start to fall from my eyes.

“I don't want you to see that boy.” Mother growls threw her teeth.

“What?” I snap; salty tears falling into my mouth.

“You heard me Abigail, he's bad news and you don't need more disappointment in your life.” She mumbles while bringing her hands to her mouth.

“You don't even know him.” I begin to rise my voice; I don't know why I'm defending Luke but I feel like I have to protect him from my mothers quick judgement.

“Oh yes I do Abigail; all his tattoo's, piercings his dark clothing he's a criminal Abbey, can't you see that?” The tears falling from my eyes finally stop and I feel my heart pound against my chest.

“Have you ever seen him rob a store?” I ask my mother and she shakes her head.

“Ever seen him smoke something illegal? Break into a car, a house maybe?” I continue; she shakes her head at every question I ask her.

“Then who the hell gives you the right to assume he's a criminal?” The darkness of my voice scares me, and I see my mother completely shocked with her mouth hanging open.

“Abigail, please don't tell me you're standing up for this boy?” Mother begs while slowly walking over to me; she reaches out to touch my arm but I quickly move away.

“Yes, I am, he could use someone looking out for him, he deserves that much.” I growl and run upstairs; I slam my door quickly before my mother could follow me.

When I was younger my parents would fight a lot and whenever I went to my room they promised neither of them would follow; that is the only thing that hasn’t changed since dad died.

I collapse on my bed and begin to cry my heart out. I stay like this for hours; until I hear a faint knock at the door.

“Go away.” I gasp for air through my crying.

“It's me.” A familiar voice calls while opening my door slowly; it's Nancy.

“You really need to stop showing up at my house unannounced like this.” I whine while digging my head back into my pillow.

“Luke called me.” She mumbles while sitting on the end of my bed.

“He what?!” I snap while sitting up to look at her.

“He called me angry as fuck, going on about how I shouldn’t have given you his number and how-.” Nancy suddenly stops and so does my heart.

“He told you didn't he.” I shake my head in disbelief.

“I really like Ashton but he shouldn’t have told you without Luke's permission.” I wrinkle my eyes in confusion.

“What are you talking about?” I ask while rubbing my burning eyes.

“Luke was going on about how Ashton said something about him to you; he wouldn't tell me what but he was really upset about it.” Nancy's green eyes look to the ground.