Chapter 67

"Ugh I think my mother is home." I groan as I try to untangle Luke's sticky legs from mine.

"Don't go." He pleads as he tries to pull me back into his naked body.

"I love you." I whisper while placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "But I'm going." I smirk as I crawl out of bed and grab my clothing quickly; I can feel Luke's eyes scan my naked body.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I mumbles to himself; I ignore him and run off to the bathroom, it turns out my mother wasn't home.

I hear Luke's footsteps approach the door as I turn the shower on; he barges in.

"So you're just going to take a shower and not invite me?" He barks as his naked tattooed body appears from behind the door.

"I um-." He interrupts me.

"Don't worry about it; I accept your apology." He grins; as much as I need to take a shower right now I don't want to take one with Luke, it feels to imitate and serious; and I don't think I'm ready for that.

"Um you can go first; I'll wait." I mumble tightening my towel around my body; he raises his eyebrow.

"What? You don't want to shower with me?" He snaps; his whole mood changing in seconds.

"Well, that's not necessarily-." He interrupts me once again.

"Why do you act like such a bitch sometimes?!" He barks while slamming his hand down on the counter around the sink; great I've pissed him off.

"I'm not trying to be; I just don't think I'm ready for that yet." I don't feel my tone is being reassuring enough.

"Yeah whatever; just tell me when you're done." He snaps before slamming the door behind him; and he wants us to live together, he's funny.

...

I'd hoped my shower would have calmed me down from all the horror today but it does nothing but make me over think things.

I know Luke and I can't possibly live together; we can't go 2 hours without screaming at each other, as much as I know he needs me I know it won't work.

I dry my hair, my body; and get dressed before exiting the bathroom. I walk into my room and see Luke only in his boxers staring at my window with his back to me.

"You can go shower now." I mumble timidly; hoping he isn't still mad. He says nothing, I don't push it; I just put my dirty clothes in the launder and walk out.

I hear Luke turn on the shower after I reach the bottom of the stairs; within seconds I hear Adam crash through the front door.

"Abbey!" He shouts as he runs over to me.

"Adam! How are you?" I ask as if I haven't seen him for months; which I what it feels like.

"I'm great, but where is Luke?" He asks with fear washed on his face; mother slowly appears in the house, I give her a look.

"I told Adam Luke got into a little bit of trouble and he has to be gentle with him." She carries her grocery bags into the kitchen.

"Abigail?" She asks from the kitchen; I smile at Adam and tell him Luke will be down soon and walk into the kitchen.

"Yes mom?" I smile as I lean on the island; mother smirks as she puts the groceries away.

"Your face is a little flush." She points out; I touch my cheeks which are still burning from Luke and I's rendezvous.

"Is it? Maybe I'm just a little hot." I hide my face in embarrassment; I know she knows what's just happened.

"I hope you're being safe Abigail; I know he's your first and-." Luke enters the kitchen; my mother freezes as do I, he shrugs his shoulders.

"What's wrong?" He snaps; I look down at my hands.

"Nothing." I laugh; he rolls his eyes and goes back into the living room.

"Yes I am being safe and I love you." I whisper quickly to my mother before joining Adam and Luke in the living room.

"So you still boarding?" Luke asks Adam; Adam looks at Luke like he's the sun, wide eyes, humongous smile and gitty body.

"Sometimes." He smile at Luke; it feels so weird to have Luke here with my family; like we've been together for years.

I don't much like this feeling of how serious everything is getting and how quickly it's elapsed.

"Luke what's this?" Adam points at Luke's penguin tattoo; which is a lot harder to see with the millions surrounding it.

"It's a penguin." He shrugs; I remember asking him the same thing our first time; he gave me the same answer.

"Luke can I talk to you for a second?" My voice is strained; Luke looks up to me and knots his forehead but nods.

We walk up to my bedroom and I feel like I'm going to pass out.

"So why are your panties in a bunch?" His rudeness makes me want to throw him off a bus.

"I don't like this." I confess as I bite down so hard on my lip; I think I've made it bleed.

"Like what?" I can see him getting defensive already; the last thing I need is a screaming match with my family downstairs.

"This! How serious everything feels with us-." I see anger flash in Luke's eyes; fuck, why did I have to say anything.

"So what are you saying Abigail?" He clenches his jaw and squints his pale blue eyes; expecting a really good explanation.

"I don't know Luke." In the same way I feel like things are moving too quickly is the same way I don't want anything to change.

"I should just go." He snaps while brushing his body past mine; I grab his arm.

"Please don't." I sigh; I see pain in his eyes where there just was anger, he's dropped my guard once again.