Chapter 88

LUKE'S P.O.V.

Non-existent; his pulse is non-existent, and why do I feel nothing that it is.

"Lucas?" Tommy questions as he comes out of the bathroom; into the brisk air.

"Go away Tom, I'm not in the mood." I snap while trying to cover up the fact that there is a possibly dead person laying on the ground right in front of me.

"What's happened?" He questions again as he walks closer; I say nothing as he creeps closer.

"Did you?" He gapes. "Is he dead Lucas?!" He gasps; at first I shake my head, then I reach down to feel his pulse again and shrug.

Tommy backs away slowly and pulls his phone out his pocket.

"Tommy no wait stop, he's fine." I start off in a panic; Jace starts making grunting sounds, then Tommy slips his phone back in his pocket.

"You should still call an ambulance." I mumble as I wheel myself to the elevator.

"Lucas, may I ask why you-." I interrupt him.

"That piece of shit right there is the reason I'm in this fucking wheelchair and almost lost my life; I think knocking him out for a split second is the least I could do." Tommy looks at me with blank eyes; I ignore his glaze and make my way back upstairs.

"So you didn't find it?" Abigail asks as I wheel myself into the apartment; I shake my head.

"No I guess it's in here." She tilts her head at me; within seconds I hear sirens.

"I wonder why the ambulance is here." She mumbles while she glances out the window; she freezes and turns towards me.

"Luke, what did you do?" Her eyes are wide and quickly fill with tears.

"I did what I had to Abigail." I snap; her eyes fill with anger.

"So you sink to his level Luke? Do you have any idea what he just made you go through, and now you're doing the same thing to him? Have you no shame?" I've never seen her this angry before; to my luck she isn't a very angry person, until now.

"'Have you no shame?' Who are you my mother?" I spit; I try to wheel myself over to the bedroom and hide again but she stops me.

"I'm trying to be here for you but you're making it really hard for me to help you." She sits down on her knees in front of my chair and stares at me; her brown eyes are filled with oceans of tears as they make rivers on her plump cheeks.

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V.

"Well I didn't ask for your help so you can stop trying to give it." I fall onto my bottom and Luke swivels his chair and wheels off to the bedroom.

I knew having him back for the first little while was going to be bad but I don't think it was going to be this horrid; he's acting like a crazy person.

Then suddenly there are three loud knocks on the door; I hesitantly walk over and look through the peephole and slowly creek open the door.

"Can I help you?" I mumble through the small crack in the door; the police officer looks down at a small paper.

"Is there someone living here by the name Luke Hemmings?" I contemplate lying to him, I don't even know what Luke did; if Jace is dead, injured or if Luke just threatened him.

"Um no, you must have the wrong apartment." I'm a horrible liar; I never do it therefore I never have practice.

The officer smiles and puts his foot in the creak of the door; making me unable to close it.

"I know he's in here; your lovely doorman kindly let me know." His smile quickly turns into a sinister grin; he pushes his foot further in the door making it swing open.

"Y-you can't take him; he just got home today." My body feels like it's on fire; literally. I can't deal with Luke being gone again and to jail?!

"We actually have every right to take him Miss." The man slowly walks around the apartment looking for Luke; he reaches the bedroom door and I feel like I'm falling off a 20 story building.

He taps lightly on the door; Luke doesn't make a sound, or maybe he does, but I can't hear a thing over my pounding heart; which feels like it's going to jump out of my chest.

All of a sudden the officer heaves the door open; Luke's eyes flash up, he doesn't looks scared at all, his expression is blank, emotionless.

"Luke Hemmings, you're under arrest for the assault of Jace Morrigan." The officer roughly grabs Luke's inked arms and pulls him from his chair; Luke wrinkles his face in pain.

"He can't be out of his wheelchair he just had an operation today!" I run into the bedroom; the man glares at me.

"If his legs work; he doesn't need the fucking wheelchair." He barks; Luke bites down on his lip so hard I'm waiting for it to start bleeding.

"You can't just take him like this!" I'm not letting this dick take Luke without a fight; I know it's morally worthless to fight with a cop but I'm willing to try.

"I can and I will. He'll be incarcerated at Rockville Impound Jail, with bail." He yanks on Luke's fragile arms and drags him down the hall; I latch on to Luke's hand, he can't even look at me.

"I can't afford this; I've spent every last penny getting him out of the hospital!" By the way Luke's eyes snap to me I know Michael didn't tell him about the 12 grand I spent on his surgery.

"How much did you-." The man interrupts him.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you!" I don't know why he's screaming in Luke's ear but I can feel his probable throbbing head from here.

"12 thousand." I mumble; Luke widens his eyes and glares at me.

'Are you fucking mad?' He mouths; I shrug my shoulders.

"It seemed like the right thing to do; I just won't be making it to university anytime soon ... or ever." I study his face and he looks furious; I'm kind of happy he can't speak because would I ever be getting an ear full right now.

The officer yanks on his arms and pulls him into the hallway; the handcuffs raddle behind his back.

"Luke everything will be okay, alright. I'll find a way to get you out of this ... one way or another." I softly kiss his cheek and his whispers on my skin.

"I love you, and you better take care of yourself when I'm gone. No more of that not eating shit, I'm serious." I nod my head; I'm pretty aware that the police man can hear Luke but he pretends he doesn't.

"Okay let's go." He pulls on Luke and drags him down the hallway; I go inside, put a clean sweater over my body and a pair of jeans then grab Luke's car keys and fly down the stairs.

"Miss Abigail, is everything alright?" Tommy asks as if he's oblivious to everything that's just happened.

"No nothing is alfuckingright, the man I just spent every waking minutes crying over because he didn't remember me; just got fucking home and for less than two hours, now he's off to a motherfucking jail cell, so no to answer your question nothing is alright!" I feel my hands trembling for screaming so loudly; I know it’s part of Tommy's job to tell authority where people live but he knew what was going on with Luke and he still told.

He looks a bit terrified; I've never yelled at anyone like that, I mean no one.

"I'm sorry I asked." He clears his throat and looks the other way.

"Yeah you should be sorry." I run out the large glass doors into Luke's car; he hasn't been in it for weeks and it still manages to smell just like him.

I rest my shaking hands on the steering wheel and lay my chin on them; just trying to think of what the hell I'm going to do.

Wait. Rockville Impound, that's where Andrew is.

"No it can't be." I tell myself.

Oh this is not fucking good.